The measurement of saving in Australia
This paper analyses the various available measures of household and overall private saving, with a particular focus on their strengths and weaknesses from a conceptual and practical perspective. The paper is intended as an overview of the important factual information on the measurement of saving in Australia.
Volume (Year): (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Depta, Peter & Ravalli, Frank & Harding, Don, 1994. "Extended Measures of Investment and Saving," MPRA Paper 3319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makin, Tony, 1990. "The Real Federal Budget Imbalance," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 66(194), pages 249-53, September.
- repec:eap:articl:v:22:y:1992:i:1:p:51-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eisner, Robert, 1988. "Extended Accounts for National Income and Product," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 1611-84, December.
- Malcolm Edey & Mark Britten-Jones, 1990. "Saving and Investment in the 1980s," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9004, Reserve Bank of Australia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_1999_4_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.