The measurement of saving in Australia
This paper analyses the various available measures of household and overall private saving, with a particular focus on their strengths and weaknesses from a conceptual and practical perspective. The paper is intended as an overview of the important factual information on the measurement of saving in Australia.
Volume (Year): (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malcolm Edey & Mark Britten-Jones, 1990. "Saving and Investment in the 1980s," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9004, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Makin, Tony, 1990. "The Real Federal Budget Imbalance," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 66(194), pages 249-53, September.
- repec:eap:articl:v:22:y:1992:i:1:p:51-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Depta, Peter & Ravalli, Frank & Harding, Don, 1994. "Extended Measures of Investment and Saving," MPRA Paper 3319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eisner, Robert, 1988. "Extended Accounts for National Income and Product," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 1611-84, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_1999_4_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.