Inflation Expectations in Turkey : Statistical Evidence from the Business Tendency Survey
In Turkey, the importance placed on public's expectations about future economic and financial conditions has risen in recent years within the upcoming fully-fledged policy of inflation targeting framework; in accordance, information on expectations of future inflation could be inferred from surveys of expectations. This paper examines the inflation expectations of firms in the manufacturing sector in Turkey, assessing the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey's Business Tendency Survey data. The focus of this paper is a wide-ranging analysis of the characteristics of the inflation expectations of firms rather than their formation. The paper not only evaluates the performance of inflation expectations (whether they are in line with realizations and how they react to the shifts in the economy) but also handles the characteristics of their distribution. Besides, the paper attempts to see how expectations vary across sub-sectors and to analyze their relationship with other expectations.
Volume (Year): 5 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2003.
"Disagreement about Inflation Expectations,"
NBER Working Papers
9796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Reis, Ricardo & Wolfers, Justin, 2003. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," Research Papers 1807, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Augusto Marc Rocha Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2004. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm391, Yale School of Management.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis & Justin Wolfers, 2003. "Disagreement about Inflation Expectations," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2011, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ercan Uygur, 1989. "Inflation Expectations of the Turkish Manufacturing Firms," Discussion Papers 8904, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Lyziak, Tomasz, 2003. "Consumer inflation expectations in Poland," Working Paper Series 0287, European Central Bank.
- Ece Oral & Dilara Ece & Turknur Hamsici, 2005. "Building Up a Real Sector Business Confidence Index for Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 5(1), pages 23-54.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:5:y:2005:i:2:p:73-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()or () or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.