Rethinking (New) Economic Geography Models: Taking Geography and History More Seriously
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maarten Bosker & Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2007. "Adding Geography to the New Economic Geography," CESifo Working Paper Series 2038, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bernard Fingleton (ed.), 2007. "New Directions in Economic Geography," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3818, April.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 2006. "Economics in the Shadows of Darwin and Marx," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3925, April.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert-Nicoud, 2005.
"Economic Geography and Public Policy,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 7524.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert Nicoud, 2003. "Economic Geography and Public Policy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179815, HAL.
- Brakman,Steven & Garretsen,Harry & van Marrewijk,Charles, 2009. "The New Introduction to Geographical Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521698030.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernard Fingleton & Simonetta Longhi, 2013.
"The Effects Of Agglomeration On Wages: Evidence From The Micro-Level,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 443-463, August.
- Fingleton, Bernard & Longhi, Simonetta, 2011. "The effects of agglomeration on wages: evidence from the micro-level," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-35, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bernard Fingleton & Simonetta Longhi, 2011. "The Effects of Agglomeration on Wages: Evidence from the Micro-Level," SERC Discussion Papers 0081, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Fingleton, Bernard & Longhi, Simonetta, 2011. "The effects of agglomeration on wages: evidence from the micro-level," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58608, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernard Fingleton & Simonetta Longhi, 2011. "The effects of agglomeration on wages: evidence from the micro-level," Working Papers 1124, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Hassink, Robert & Gong, Huiwen, 2017. "Sketching the Contours of an Integrative Paradigm of Economic Geography," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/12, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Robert Hassink, Huiwen Gong, Fabian Faller & Huiwen Gong, & Fabian Faller, 2016. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper? Yes, we can!," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1622, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2016.
- Martin, Ron & Sunley, Peter, 2012.
"Forms of emergence and the evolution of economic landscapes,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 338-351.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2011. "Forms of Emergence and the Evolution of Economic Landscapes," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1116, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2011.
- Jian Wang & Xiao-Ping Zheng, 2013. "Industrial Agglomeration: Asymmetry Of Regions And Trade Costs," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 61-78, July.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2015.
"Towards a Developmental Turn in Evolutionary Economic Geography?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 712-732, May.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2014. "Towards a Developmental Turn in Evolutionary Economic Geography?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1401, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2014.
- Halonen Maija & Vatanen Eero & Kotilainen Juha & Tykkyläinen Markku, 2015. "Industry life cycles of a resource town in Finland – the case of Lieksa," European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 7(1), pages 16-41, March.
- Copus Andrew & Dubois Alexandre & Hedström Moa, 2011. "Expanding horizons: local embeddedness and local engagement among small firms in the European countryside," European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 3(3), pages 164-182, January.
More about this item
KeywordsNew economic geography; proper economic geography; history; geography; R1; B4;
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:specan:v:5:y:2010:i:2:p:127-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RSEA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.