Entrepreneurship and Regional Culture: The Case of Hamamatsu and Kyoto, Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gertler, Meric S., 2004. "Manufacturing Culture: The Institutional Geography of Industrial Practice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233824.
- Audretsch, David B & Thurik, A R Roy, 1997. "Sources of Growth: the Entrepreneurial versus the Managed Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1710, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Wyrwich, 2010.
"Regional Entrepreneurial Heritage in a Socialist and a Post-Socialist Economy,"
DRUID Working Papers
10-20, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Michael Wyrwich, 2011. "Regional Entrepreneurial Heritage in a Socialist and Post-socialist Economy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p495, European Regional Science Association.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Audretsch, David B. & Wyrwich, Michael & Rentfrow, Peter J. & Coombes, Mike & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh & Satchell, Max, 2016.
"Industry structure, entrepreneurship, and culture: An empirical analysis using historical coalfields,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 52-72.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Audretsch, David B. & Wyrwich, Michael & Rentfrow, Peter J. & Coombes, Mike & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh & Satchell, Max, 2015. "Industry structure, entrepreneurship, and culture: An empirical analysis using historical coalfields," MPRA Paper 67424, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Audretsch, David B. & Wyrwich, Michael & Rentfrow, Peter J. & Coombes, Mike & Shaw-Taylor, Leigh & Satchell, Max, 2015. "Industry Structure, Entrepreneurship, and Culture: An Empirical Analysis Using Historical Coalfields," MPRA Paper 67425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2015. "The Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship - Are all types of Self-Employment Equally Important?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2012.
"The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture: Germany 1925-2005,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2012-036, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture: Germany 1925–2005," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1214, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2012.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture: Germany 1925 - 2005," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1224, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:enr:rpaper:0016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isidoro Romero & Raluca Mariana Petrescu & Alina Elena Balalia (Iosif), 2011. "Universities as Suppliers of Entrepreneurship Education Services. The Cases of The University of Seville and The Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(30), pages 347-361, June.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:17:y:2017:i:5:p:959-974. is not listed on IDEAS
- Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 2009. "Transnational Corporations, Global Production Networks, and Urban and Regional Development: A Geographer's Perspective on "Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy"," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 197-226.
- Erik E. Lehmann & Nikolaus Seitz & Katharine Wirsching, 2017. "Smart finance for smart places to foster new venture creation," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(1), pages 51-75, March.
- Frank Lasch & Frank Robert & Frédéric Roy, 2013. "Regional determinants of ICT new firm formation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 671-686, April.
- Chan, Alex W.H. & Cheung, Hoi Yan, 2016. "Extraversion, individualism and M&A activities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 356-369.
- repec:mgt:youmgt:v:15:y:2017:i:1:p:3-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2016.
"Does persistence in start-up activity reflect persistence in social capital?,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Social Capital and Regional Development, chapter 4, pages 82-107
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2015. "Does Persistence in Start-up Activity Reflect Persistence in Social Capital?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Fredin , Sabrina & Jogmark , Marina, 2015. "The Formation of Local Culture and its Implications for Entrepreneurship," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/37, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Bijedić, Teita & Haase, Inga & Müller, Anna, 2018. "Regionale Gründungsumfelder am Beispiel ausgewählter Hot-Spots," IfM-Materialien 265, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Wenying Fu, 2016. "Industrial clusters as hothouses for nascent entrepreneurs? The case of Tianhe Software Park in Guangzhou, China," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 57(1), pages 253-270, July.
- repec:eco:journ1:2018-02-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- F.C. Stam & Ben Spigel, 2016. "Entrepreneurial Ecosystems," Working Papers 16-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Wang, Yuandi & Sutherland, Dylan & Ning, Lutao & Pan, Xin, 2015. "The evolving nature of China's regional innovation systems: Insights from an exploration–exploitation approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 140-152.
- Franz Kronthaler & Katharina Becker & Kerstin Wagner, 2012. "Combination of regional characteristics for start-up activity in Switzerland," ERSA conference papers ersa12p90, European Regional Science Association.
- Andrew Ross, 2011. "Regional Determinants of Entrepreneurship in a Small Economy: Panel Data Evidence from Scotland," ERSA conference papers ersa11p848, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Regional dimensions; Kyoto; Hamamatsu; Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:43:y:2009:i:3:p:495-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .