Multivariate extremes, aggregation and risk estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michel Dacorogna & Höskuldur Ari Hauksson & Thomas Domenig & Ulrich Müller & Gennady Samorodnitsky, 2001. "Multivariate extremes, aggregation and risk estimation," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001 P2, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brock, William A & LeBaron, Blake D, 1996.
"A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 94-110, February.
- William A. Brock & Blake D. LeBaron, 1995. "A Dynamic Structural Model for Stock Return Volatility and Trading Volume," NBER Working Papers 4988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- LeBaron, Blake, 2000. "Agent-based computational finance: Suggested readings and early research," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 679-702, June.
- Hommes, C.H. & Sonnemans, J. & Tuinstra, J. & van de Velden, H., 1999. "Expectation Driven Price Volatility in an Experimental Cobweb Economy," CeNDEF Working Papers 99-07, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong, 2002.
"Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk and Learning in a Simple Asset Pricing Model,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 95-132, February.
- Xue-Zhong He & Carl Chiarella, 1999. "Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk and Learning in a Simple Asset-Pricing Model," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 223, Society for Computational Economics.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He, 1999. "Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risks and Learning in a Simple Asset Pricing Model," Research Paper Series 18, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Sonnemans, Joep & Hommes, Cars & Tuinstra, Jan & van de Velden, Henk, 2004.
"The instability of a heterogeneous cobweb economy: a strategy experiment on expectation formation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 453-481, August.
- Sonnemans, J. & Hommes, C.H. & Tuinstra, J. & van de Velden, H., 1999. "The Instability of a Heterogeneous Cobweb economy: a Strategy Experiment on Expectation Formation," CeNDEF Working Papers 99-06, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong, 2003.
"Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk, And Learning In A Simple Asset-Pricing Model With A Market Maker,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 503-536, September.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He, 2000. "Heterogeneous Beliefs, Risk and Learning in a Simple Asset Pricing Model with a Market Maker," Research Paper Series 35, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- LeBaron, Blake & Arthur, W. Brian & Palmer, Richard, 1999.
"Time series properties of an artificial stock market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1487-1516, September.
- Arthur, W.B. & LeBaron, B. & Palmer, R., 1997. "Time Series Properties of an Artificial Stock Market," Working papers 9725, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Sargent, Thomas J., 1993. "Bounded Rationality in Macroeconomics: The Arne Ryde Memorial Lectures," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288695, June.
- M. M. Dacorogna & U. A. Muller & C. Jost & O. V. Pictet & J. R. Ward, 1995. "Heterogeneous real-time trading strategies in the foreign exchange market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 383-403.
- Farmer, J. Doyne & Joshi, Shareen, 2002. "The price dynamics of common trading strategies," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 149-171, October.
- Sunder, S., 1992. "Experimental Asset Markets: A Survey," GSIA Working Papers 1992-19, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Baak, Saang Joon, 1999. "Tests for bounded rationality with a linear dynamic model distorted by heterogeneous expectations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1517-1543, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Wang, Jiang, 1994. "A Model of Competitive Stock Trading Volume," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 127-168, February.
- Lux, Thomas, 1995. "Herd Behaviour, Bubbles and Crashes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 881-896, July.
- Carl Chiarella, 1992. "The Dynamics of Speculative Behaviour," Working Paper Series 13, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Zeeman, E. C., 1974. "On the unstable behaviour of stock exchanges," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 39-49, March.
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea, 2000. "Endogenous fluctuations in a simple asset pricing model with heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 799-831, June.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
" Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-1764, December.
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991. "Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns," Working papers 90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suzanne Emmer & Marie Kratz & Dirk Tasche, 2013. "What Is the Best Risk Measure in Practice? A Comparison of Standard Measures," Working Papers hal-00921283, HAL.
- Georg Mainik & Ludger Rüschendorf, 2010. "On optimal portfolio diversification with respect to extreme risks," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 593-623, December.
- Schmidt, Rafael & Hrycej, Tomas & Stutzle, Eric, 2006. "Multivariate distribution models with generalized hyperbolic margins," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2065-2096, April.
- Susanne Emmer & Marie Kratz & Dirk Tasche, 2013. "What is the best risk measure in practice? A comparison of standard measures," Papers 1312.1645, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2015.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:4:p:1127-1169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk & Ulugulyagci, Abdurrahman, 2003. "High volatility, thick tails and extreme value theory in value-at-risk estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 337-356, October.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00921283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Moscadelli, 2004. "The modelling of operational risk: experience with the analysis of the data collected by the Basel Committee," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 517, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:958-969 is not listed on IDEAS
- Polanski, Arnold & Stoja, Evarist, 2017. "Forecasting multidimensional tail risk at short and long horizons," Bank of England working papers 660, Bank of England.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Piterbarg, V.I., 2001. "Nonparametric estimation of the spectral measure of an extreme value distribution," Other publications TiSEM c3485b9b-a0bd-456f-9baa-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2002. "Investigating Extreme Dependences: Concepts and Tools," Papers cond-mat/0203166, arXiv.org.
- Polanski, Arnold & Stoja, Evarist, 2014.
"Co-dependence of extreme events in high frequency FX returns,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 164-178.
- Arnold Polanski & Evarist Stoja, 2013. "Co-dependence of Extreme Events in High Frequency FX Returns," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 040, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Falk, Michael, 2005. "On the generation of a multivariate extreme value distribution with prescribed tail dependence parameter matrix," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(4), pages 307-314, December.
- Peter Blum & Michel Dacorogna & Lars Jaeger, 2003. "Performance and Risk Measurement Challenges For Hedge Funds: Empirical Considerations," Risk and Insurance 0311001, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:1:y:2001:i:1:p:79-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .