Industrial agglomeration and labour productivity in transition: an empirical study of Chinese manufacturing industries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Amiti, 1998. "Trade Liberalisation and the Location of Manufacturing Firms," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(7), pages 953-962, September.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2004.
"The geographic distribution of production activity in the UK,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 533-564, September.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 1999. "The geographic distribution of production activity in the UK," IFS Working Papers W99/26, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2002. "The Geographical Distribution of Production Activity in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 3627, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2000. "The Geographic Distribution of Production Activity in the UK," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1397, Econometric Society.
- Wen, Mei, 2004. "Relocation and agglomeration of Chinese industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 329-347, February.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117,
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yung Joon Lee & Hyoungsoo Zang, 1998. "Urbanisation and Regional Productivity in Korean Manufacturing," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(11), pages 2085-2099, November.
- HE Canfei, 2006. "Regional Decentralisation and Location of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 33-50.
- Bai, Chong-En & Du, Yingjuan & Tao, Zhigang & Tong, Sarah Y., 2004.
"Local protectionism and regional specialization: evidence from China's industries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 397-417, July.
- Chong-En Bai & Yingjuan Du & Zhigang Tao & Sarah Y. Tong, 2003. "Local Protectionism and Regional Specialization: Evidence from China???s Industries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-565, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Au, Chun-Chung & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2006.
"How migration restrictions limit agglomeration and productivity in China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-388, August.
- Chun-Chung Au & Vernon Henderson, 2002. "How Migration Restrictions Limit Agglomeration and Productivity in China," NBER Working Papers 8707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Somik V. & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2004.
"Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 643-673, April.
- Lall, Somik & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2001. "Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2663, The World Bank.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming & Parker, David, 2001. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers in the Chinese manufacturing sector," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 305-321, December.
- Zuohong Pan & Fan Zhang, 2002. "Urban Productivity in China," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(12), pages 2267-2281, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane & Hua, Ping, 2011.
"How does real exchange rate influence labour productivity in China?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 628-645.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Ping Hua, 2011. "How does real exchange rate influence labour productivity in China?," Post-Print halshs-00666806, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:pocoec:v:21:y:2009:i:1:p:103-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.