On dollarization and currency boards: Error and deception
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steve H. Hanke, 1998. "How to Establish Monetary Stability in Asia," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), pages 295-301, Winter.
- Christopher L. Culp & Steve H. Hanke & Merton H. Miller, 1999. "The Case For An Indonesian Currency Board," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(4), pages 57-65, January.
- Corrinne Ho, 2002. "A survey of the institutional and operational aspects of modern-day currency boards," BIS Working Papers 110, Bank for International Settlements.
- Walter B. Wriston, 1998. "Dumb Networks and Smart Capital," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), Winter.
- Carlos E. Zarazaga, 1995. "Can currency boards prevent devaluations and financial meltdowns?," Southwest Economy, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Jul, pages 6-9.
- Stanley Fischer, 2002. "Financial Crises and Reform of the International Financial System," NBER Working Papers 9297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Raybaut & Dominique Torre, 2004. "Unions monétaires, caisses d'émission et dollarisation : les fondements analytiques des systèmes de change « ultra-fixes »," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 75(2), pages 37-54.
- Makochekanwa, Albert, 2009. "Zimbabwe’s Currency Crisis: Which Currency To Adopt In The Aftermath Of The Multi-Currency Regime?," MPRA Paper 22463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2014. "Monetary Policy in a Very Open Economy: Some Major Analytical Issues," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 27-60, February.
- Neven T. Valev & John A. Carlson, 2007.
"Beliefs about Exchange-Rate Stability: Survey Evidence from the Currency Board in Bulgaria,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 111-121.
- Neven Valev & John A. Carlson, 2004. "Beliefs about Exchange-Rate Stability: Survey Evidence from the Currency Board in Bulgaria," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0424, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Neven T. Valev & John A. Carlson, 2004. "Beliefs about Exchange-Rate Stability: Survey Evidence From the Currency Board in Bulgaria," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-705, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nikolay Nenovsky, 2010.
"Monetary Regimes In Post-Communist Countries Some Long-Term Reflections,"
Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice,
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 57, pages 217-234, november.
- Nikolay Nenovsky, 2009. "Monetary Regimes in Post-Communist Countries. Some Long-Term Reflections," Working paper series 12009en, Agency for Economic Analysis and Forecasting.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2010.
"To devalue or not to devalue? How East European countries responded to the outflow of capital in 1997-99 and in 2008-09,"
28112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vladimir Popov, 2011. "To devaluate or not to devalue? How East European countries responded to the outflow of capital in 1997-99 and in 2008-09," Working Papers w0154, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Vladimir Popov, 2011. "To devaluate or not to devalue? How East European countries responded to the outflow of capital in 1997-99 and in 2008-09," Working Papers w0154, New Economic School (NES).
- Frank R. Gunter, 2013. "The Political Economy of Iraq," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14293.
- Jean-Baptiste Desquilbet & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2004.
"Credibility and Adjustment : Gold Standards versus Currency Boards,"
CAE Working Papers
11, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Jean Baptiste Desquilbet & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2004. "Credibility and adjustment: gold standards versus currency boards," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-692, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ross H. McLeod, 2014. "The ill-fated currency board proposal for Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2014-02, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Igor Ljubaj & Ana Martinis & Marko Mrkalj, 2010. "Capital Inflows and Efficiency of Sterilisation – Estimation of Sterilisation and Offset Coefficients," Working Papers 24, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Dorota Zuchowska, 2015. "Accession To The Eurozone As Lithuania’S Exit Strategy From The Currency Board System," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 10(3), pages 27-43, September.
- Moustapha Aman & Nikolay Nenovsky & Ismeal Mahamoud, 2014. "Le système informel de transferts de fonds et le mécanisme automatique du Currency Board : Complémentarité ou antagonisme ?," Working Papers halshs-01012133, HAL.
- Mike Nyamazana Sikwila, 2013. "Dollarization and the Zimbabwe’s Economy," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 5(6), pages 398-405.
- Jérôme Blanc, 2014. ""Argentina o dolarización", ou quand la monnaie revient à la souveraineté," Post-Print halshs-01016336, HAL.
- Tas, Bedri Kamil Onur & Togay, Selahattin, 2010. "Optimal monetary policy regime for oil producing developing economies: Implications for post-war Iraq," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1324-1336, September.
- Steve Hanke, 2003. "Money and the rule of law in ecuador," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 131-145.
- Kurt Schuler, 2005. "Ignorance and Influence: U.S. Economists on Argentina's Depression of 1998â€“2002," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(2), pages 234-278, August.
- Moustapha AMAN & Ismeal MAHAMOUD & Nikolay NENOVSKY, 2013. "Le système informel de transferts de fonds et le mécanisme automatique du Currency Board : complémentarité ou antagonisme ? Le cas des transferts des hawalas à Djibouti," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2249, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- David Cook & James Yetman, 2014. "Currency Boards when Interest Rates are Zero," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 135-151, February.
- Patrick Imam, 2012. "Exchange Rate Choices of Microstates," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 50(3), pages 207-235, September.
- Dorota Zuchowska, 2015. "Accession to the Eurozone as Lithuania’s exit strategy from the currency board system," Working Papers 10/2015, Institute of Economic Research, revised Feb 2015.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jpolrf:v:5:y:2002:i:4:p:203-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GPRE19 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.