Unobservability, tractability and the battle of assumptions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesú s P. Zamora Bonilla, 1999. "Verisimilitude and the scientific strategy of economic theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 331-350.
- Hulten, Charles R., 1986. "Productivity change, capacity utilization, and the sources of efficiency growth," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 31-50.
- Takayama,Akira, 1985. "Mathematical Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314985, March.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Mayer, "undated".
"The Domain Of Theories And Tests By The Realism Of Assumptions,"
Department of Economics
98-11, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Thomas Mayer, 2003. "The Domain Of Theories And Tests By The Realism Of Assumptions," Working Papers 9811, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Mayer, 1999. "The domain of hypotheses and the realism of assumptions," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 319-330.
- D. J. Robertson, 1966. "Introduction," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 13(1), pages 1-4, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2007. "The Market for Lemmas," Working Papers 200702, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2007.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2008. "The Market for Lemmas: Evidence That Complex Models Rarely Operate in Our World," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(1), pages 78-90, January.
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2010. "Evaluating the state of competition of the Greek banking industry," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 68-90, February.
More about this item
Keywordsnegligibility assumption; tractability assumption; Musgrave; F-twist; unrealistic assumptions; unobservables; measurement; progress;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jecmet:v:12:y:2005:i:3:p:383-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJEC20 .