North-South and South-South Trade-Related Technology Diffusion: How Important Are They in Improving TFP Growth?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Keller, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Do Trade Patterns and Technology Flows Affect Productivity Growth?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 17-47, January.
- Keller, Wolfgang, 1997. "How trade patterns and technology flows affect productivity growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1831, The World Bank.
- Wolfgang Keller, 1999. "How Trade Patterns and Technology Flows Affect Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 6990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freund, Caroline L. & Weinhold, Diana, 2004. "The effect of the Internet on international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 171-189, January.
- Coe, David T. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1995.
"International R&D spillovers,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 859-887, May.
- Coe, David T & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coe, D.T. & Helpman, E., 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," Papers 5-93, Tel Aviv.
- David T. Coe & Elhanan Helpman, 1993. "International R&D Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 4444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2005. "International Technology Diffusion and the Growth of TFP in the Manufacturing Sector of Developing Economies," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 482-501, November.
- Falvey, Rod & Foster, Neil & Greenaway, David, 2004. "Imports, exports, knowledge spillovers and growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 209-213, November.
- Lumenga-Neso, Olivier & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Schiff, Maurice, 2005. "On `indirect' trade-related R&D spillovers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1785-1798, October.
- Engelbrecht, Hans-Jurgen, 1997. "International R&D spillovers, human capital and productivity in OECD economies: An empirical investigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1479-1488, August.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans-Jurgen Engelbrecht, 2002. "Human capital and international knowledge spillovers in TFP growth of a sample of developing countries: an exploration of alternative approaches," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 831-841.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anis Omri & Amel Sassi-Tmar, 2015.
"Linking FDI Inflows to Economic Growth in North African Countries,"
Journal of the Knowledge Economy,
Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(1), pages 90-104, March.
- Omri, Anis & Sassi-Tmar, Amel, 2015. "Linking FDI inflows to economic growth in North African countries," MPRA Paper 82611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omar S. Dahi & Firat Demir, 2013.
"Preferential trade agreements and manufactured goods exports: does it matter whom you PTA with?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(34), pages 4754-4772, December.
- Demir, Firat & Dahi, Omar S., 2012. "Preferential Trade Agreements and Manufactured Goods Exports: Does It Matter Whom You PTA With?," MPRA Paper 37396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suyanto, & Salim, Ruhul & Bloch, Harry, 2014. "Which firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Empirical evidence from Indonesian manufacturing," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 16-29.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:31:y:2017:i:5:p:1449-1486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter A.G. van Bergeijk & Charles van Marrewijk, 2013. "Heterogeneity and development: An agenda," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Dierk Herzer & Oliver Morrissey, "undated". "The Long-Run Effect of Aid on Domestic Output," Discussion Papers 09/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Suyanto & Salim, Ruhul A. & Bloch, Harry, 2009. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Lead to Productivity Spillovers? Firm Level Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1861-1876, December.
- World Bank, 2012. "Kazakhstan : Assessment of Costs and Benefits of the Customs," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12299, The World Bank.
- Aurore Gary & Mathilde Maurel, 2013. "The effect of donors' policy coherence on growth," Post-Print halshs-00825816, HAL.
- Kim, Hyuk-Hwang & Lee, Hongshik & Lee, Joonhyung, 2015. "Technology diffusion and host–country productivity in South-South FDI flows," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-10.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009.
"Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1494-1512.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2008. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China : A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 08-06, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert J R Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 09-14, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Jaanika MerikÃ¼ll & Helen PoltimÃ¤e & Tiiu Paas, 2011. "Regional Technology Spillovers: The Case of Central and Eastern European Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa10p931, European Regional Science Association.
- Kuzyaeva, Anastasia & Didenko, Alexander, 2014. "Productivity Spillovers in the Russian Federation: The Case of Chemical Market," MPRA Paper 59349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Republic of Estonia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/337, International Monetary Fund.
- Aurore Gary & Mathilde Maurel, 2015.
"Donors’ Policy Consistency and Economic Growth,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 511-551, November.
- Aurore Gary & Mathilde Maurel, 2015. "Donors’ Policy Consistency and Economic Growth," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01225206, HAL.
- Schiff, Maurice & Wang, Yanling, 2009. "North-South Trade-related Technology Diffusion, Brain Drain and Productivity Growth: Are Small States Different?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4828, The World Bank.
- Dragomir Sundac & Irena Fatur Krmpotic, 2011. "Knowledge Economy Factors and the Development of Knowledge-based Economy," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 13(1), pages 105-141, April.
- Giscard Assoumou Ella, 2013. "Impact of international income, prices and monetary shocks on real exchange rate in eight African economies: An empirical study," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 2(3), pages 41-54, September.
- Yanling Wang, 2010. "Exposure to FDI and New Plant Survival: Evidence in Canada," Carleton Economic Papers 10-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- World Bank, 2012. "Assessment of Costs and Benefits of the Customs Union for Kazakhstan," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2722, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:44:y:2008:i:1:p:49-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.