The financing of small innovative firms: the Italian case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Silvia Magri, 2007. "The financing of small innovative firms: The Italian case," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 640, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benfratello, Luigi & Schiantarelli, Fabio & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2008.
"Banks and innovation: Microeconometric evidence on Italian firms,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 197-217, November.
- Luigi Benfratello & Fabio Schiantarelli & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2005. "Banks and Innovation: Microeconometric Evidence on Italian Firms," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 631, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 13 Jun 2007.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Schiantarelli, Fabio & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006. "Banks and Innovation: Microeconometric Evidence on Italian Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 2032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Diana Marina Del COlle, & Paolo Finaldi Russo & Andrea Generale, 2006. "The Causes and Consequences of Venture Capital Financing. An Analysis based on a Sample of Italian Firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 584, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- von Kalckreuth, Ulf, 2004. "Financial constraints for investors and the speed of adaptation: Are innovators special?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2004,20, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eleonora Bartoloni, 2013. "Capital structure and innovation: causality and determinants," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 111-151, February.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:166-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giebel, Marek & Kraft, Kornelius, 2018. "Bank credit supply and firm innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 18-011, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Poti', 2016. "Explaining firm sensitivity to R&D subsidies within a dose-response model: The role of financial constraints, real cost of investment, and strategic value of R&D," DEM Working Papers 2016/09, Department of Economics and Management.
- Filipe Silva & Carlos Carreira, 2012.
"Do financial constraints threat the innovation process? Evidence from Portuguese firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(8), pages 701-736, November.
- Filipe Silva & Carlos Carreira, 2011. "Do financial constraints threat the innovation process? Evidence from Portuguese firms," GEMF Working Papers 2011-10, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, revised Oct 2011.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Alessandra Colombelli, 2011.
"The generation and exploitation of technological change: market value and total factor productivity,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 353-382, August.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Colombelli, Alessandra, 2009. "The Generation and Exploitation of Technological Change: Market Value and Total Factor Productivity," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200912, University of Turin.
- Silvia Magri, 2014. "Does issuing equities help R&D activity? Evidence from unlisted Italian high-tech manufacturing firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 978, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giacinto Micucci & Paola Rossi, 2017. "Financing R&D investments: an analysis on Italian manufacturing firms and their lending banks," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(1), pages 23-49, March.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Giuseppe Scellato, 2015.
"Firms size and directed technological change,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 207-218, January.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Scellato, Giuseppe, 2014. "Firms Size and Directed Technological Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201417, University of Turin.
- Silvia Magri, 2014. "Does issuing equity help R&D activity? Evidence from unlisted Italian high-tech manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 825-854, November.
- Giannetti, Caterina, 2012. "Relationship lending and firm innovativeness," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 762-781.
- Gerlach, Petra & O'Connell, Brian & O'Toole, Conor, 2013. "SME Credit Constraints and Macroeconomic Effects," Papers WP467, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Ivana Catturani & Carlo Borzaga, 2014. "Facts and Stereotypes about Cooperative Banks: To Whom Do CBs Actually Lend?," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 3(2), pages 7-13, December.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9828-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matteo Bugamelli & Luigi Cannari & Francesca Lotti & Silvia Magri, 2012. "The innovation gap of Italyï¿½s production system: roots and possible solutions," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 121, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 1958- & Teruel, Mercedes, 2010. "Are small firms more sensitive to financial variables?," Working Papers 2072/151623, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Enrico Beretta & Silvia Del Prete, 2013. "Banking consolidation and bank-firm credit relationships: the role of geographical features and relationship characteristics," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 901, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Filippo Belloc & Eleonora laurenza & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2015. "Corporate Governance and Sectoral Patterns of Innovation: Evidence from Italian Manufacturing Industries," Department of Economics University of Siena 706, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- A. Arrighetti & A. Ninni, 2009. "Firm size and growth opportunities: a survey," Economics Department Working Papers 2009-EP05, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
More about this item
Keywordscorporate finance; innovative firms; investment dynamics;
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecinnt:v:18:y:2009:i:2:p:181-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.