I'm too clever for this job: a bivariate probit analysis on overeducation and job satisfaction in Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dieter Verhaest & Eddy Omey, 2006.
"The Impact of Overeducation and its Measurement,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 419-448, July.
- D. Verhaest & E. Omey, 2004. "The impact of overeducation and its measurement," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/215, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P. Kler & G. Leeves & S. Shankar, 2015. "Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself: Perceptions of Job Security in Australia After the Global Financial Crisis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 753-769, September.
- Jones, Melanie K & Mavromaras, Kostas & Sloane, Peter J & Wei, Zhang (NILS), 2011. "NILS Working paper no 176. Disability and job mismatches in the Australian labour market," NILS Working Papers 26074, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Alan Piper, 2015.
"Heaven knows I'm miserable now: overeducation and reduced life satisfaction,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 677-692, December.
- Piper, Alan T., 2012. "Heaven knows I’m miserable now: overeducation and reduced life satisfaction," MPRA Paper 46926, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2013.
- Piper, Alan T., 2012. "Heaven knows I’m miserable now: overeducation and reduced life satisfaction," MPRA Paper 43259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2011.
"Labour market mismatch among UK graduates: An analysis using REFLEX data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 130-145, February.
- Seamus McGuinness & Peter J. Sloane, 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates; An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," Papers WP294, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- McGuinness, Seamus & Sloane, Peter J., 2009. "Labour Market Mismatch Among UK Graduates: An Analysis Using REFLEX Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4168, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zainizam Zakariya & Khoo Yin Yin, 2016. "Over- and Underskilling in the Malaysian Labour Market: Evidence from the 2003–2012 Labour Force Survey (LFS)," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(11), pages 203-223, November.
- Philipp Grunau, 2016. "The impact of overeducated and undereducated workers on establishment-level productivity: First evidence for Germany," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 372-392, May.
- Rochelle Beukes & Tina Fransman & Simba Murozvi & Derek Yu, 2016. "Underemployment in South Africa," Working Papers 06/2016, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Vera Rocha & Anabela Carneiro & Celeste Amorim Varum, 2013. "Entrepreneurship Dynamics: Entry Routes, Business-Owner's Persistence and Exit Modes," CEF.UP Working Papers 1310, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Castellano, Rosalia & Punzo, Gennaro & Rocca, Antonella, 2013. "Women’s job search propensity and selection effect in European labour markets," MPRA Paper 50869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iñaki Iriondo Múgica & María Dolores Grandal Martín & Elena Gallego Abaroa & Covadonga de la Iglesia Villasol & Esperanza Gracia Expósito, 2009. "Inserción laboral y calidad del empleo de los licenciados de la Universidad Complutense," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 09-05, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Melanie K. Jones & Peter J. Sloane, 2010. "Disability and Skill Mismatch," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(s1), pages 101-114, September.
- Michael Quinn & Stephen Rubb, 2011. "Spouse Overeducation and Family Migration: Evidence from the US," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 36-45, March.
- Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Sloane, Peter J. & Wei, Zhang, 2011. "Disability and Job Mismatches in the Australian Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 6152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephan Humpert, 2013.
"Gender Differences in Life Satisfaction and Social Participation,"
International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR),
Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 6(3), pages 123-142, December.
- Humpert, Stephan, 2013. "Gender Differences in Life Satisfaction and Social Participation," MPRA Paper 46775, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Humpert, 2013. "Gender Differences in Life Satisfaction and Social Participation," Working Paper Series in Economics 276, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Nuria Sánchez-Sánchez & Adolfo Fernández, 2014. "Desajuste educacional y de competencias: efectos diferenciales sobre la satisfacción laboral. Un estudio aplicado al mercado de trabajo español," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 41(2 Year 20), pages 261-281, December.
- Verbruggen, M. & van Emmerik, H. & van Gils, A.E.J. & Meng, C.M. & de Grip, A., 2015.
"Does early-career underemployment impact future career success? A path dependency perspective,"
ROA Research Memorandum
007, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Verbruggen, M. & van Emmerik, H. & van Gils, A.E.J. & Meng, C.M. & de Grip, A., 2015. "Does early-career underemployment impact future career success? : a path dependency perspective," Research Memorandum 023, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Tani, Massimiliano, 2012.
"Does immigration policy affect the education--occupation mismatch? Evidence from Australia,"
Australian Bulletin of Labour,
National Institute of Labour Studies, vol. 38(2), pages 111-141.
- Tani, Massimiliano, 2012. "Does Immigration Policy Affect the Education-Occupation Mismatch? Evidence from Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 6937, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhu Rong & Chen Linfeng, 2016. "Overeducation, Overskilling and Mental Well-being," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-33, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:40:y:2008:i:9:p:1123-1138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.