Measuring production efficiency of acute hospitals in Scotland, 1991-94: validity issues in data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 1993. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072181.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & António Gomes de Menezes & José Cabral Vieira, 2013.
"Measurement of hospital efficiency, using a latent class stochastic frontier model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 47-54, January.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & António Gomes Menezes & José António Cabral Vieira, 2011. "Measurement of Hospital Efficiency, Using a Latent Class Stochastic Frontier Model," Post-Print hal-00732115, HAL.
- Duen-Yian Yeh & Ching-Hsue Cheng, 2016. "Performance Management of Taiwan’s National Hospitals," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(01), pages 187-213, January.
- Kao, Ling-Jing & Lu, Chi-Jie & Chiu, Chih-Chou, 2011. "Efficiency measurement using independent component analysis and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 310-317, April.
- Jonathan Cowie & Darinka Asenova, 1999. "Organisation form, scale effects and efficiency in the British bus industry," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 231-248, August.
- N. Maniadakis & N. Kotsopoulos & P. Prezerakos & J. Yfantopoulos, 2009. "Health Care Services Performance Measurement: Theory, Methods and Empirical Evidence," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 151-170.
- Johnston, Katharine & Gerard, Karen, 2001. "Assessing efficiency in the UK breast screening programme: does size of screening unit make a difference?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 21-32, April.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602247 is not listed on IDEAS
- O'Neill, Liam & Rauner, Marion & Heidenberger, Kurt & Kraus, Markus, 2008. "A cross-national comparison and taxonomy of DEA-based hospital efficiency studies," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 158-189, September.
- Brenda Gannon, 2005.
"Testing for Variation in Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(3), pages 273-294.
- Gannon, Brenda, 2005. "Testing for Variation in Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland," Papers HRBWP20, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Pompei, Fabrizio, 2013. "Efficiency And Productivity Growth Across The Italian Regions: The Regional Divide Revisited," MPRA Paper 52052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris, 2005. "Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 195-204, February.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s13561-018-0191-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sagarra, Marti & Mar-Molinero, Cecilio & Agasisti, Tommaso, 2017. "Exploring the efficiency of Mexican universities: Integrating Data Envelopment Analysis and Multidimensional Scaling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 123-133.
- Gannon, Brenda, 2004. "Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland," Papers HRBWP18, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sepehrdoust Hamid, 2010. "Efficiency Measurement of Housing Sector in Iran," Asian Journal of Law and Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Varabyova, Yauheniya & Müller, Julia-Maria, 2016. "The efficiency of health care production in OECD countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis of cross-country comparisons," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 252-263.
- Kim-Huong Nguyen & Tim Coelli, 2009. "Quantifying the effects of modelling choices on hospital efficiency measures: A meta-regression analysis," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072009, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- N. Maniadakis & N. Kotsopoulos & P. Prezerakos & J. Yfantopoulos, 2008. "Measuring Intra-Hospital Clinic Efficiency and Productivity: Application to a Greek University General Hospital," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 95-110.
- Varabyova, Yauheniya & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2013. "International comparisons of the technical efficiency of the hospital sector: Panel data analysis of OECD countries using parametric and non-parametric approaches," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 70-79.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:11:d:10.1057_jors.2009.32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donal. G. McKillop & J. Colin Glass & Christine A. Kerr & Gillian McCallion, 1999. "Efficiency in Northern Ireland Hospitals - A Non-parametric Analysis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(2), pages 175-196.
- Alexandre Marinho & Simone de Souza Cardoso & Vivian Vicente de Almeida, 2009. "Brasil e OCDE: Avaliação da Eficiência em Sistemas de Saúde," Discussion Papers 1370, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:29:y:1997:i:11:p:1425-1433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.