Numerical Methods and Volatility Models for Valuing Cliquet Options
Several numerical issues for valuing cliquet options using PDE methods are investigated. The use of a running sum of returns formulation is compared to an average return formulation. Methods for grid construction, interpolation of jump conditions, and application of boundary conditions are compared. The effect of various volatility modelling assumptions on the value of cliquet options is also studied. Numerical results are reported for jump diffusion models, calibrated volatility surface models, and uncertain volatility models.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Windcliff, H. & Forsyth, P.A. & Vetzal, K.R., 2006. "Pricing methods and hedging strategies for volatility derivatives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 409-431, February.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- M. Avellaneda & A. Levy & A. ParAS, 1995. "Pricing and hedging derivative securities in markets with uncertain volatilities," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 73-88.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- T. J. Lyons, 1995. "Uncertain volatility and the risk-free synthesis of derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 117-133.
- Leif Andersen & Jesper Andreasen, 2000. "Jump-Diffusion Processes: Volatility Smile Fitting and Numerical Methods for Option Pricing," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 231-262, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:13:y:2006:i:4:p:353-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.