Equities, liquidity and consumption: does the stock market matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Lettau & Sydney C. Ludvigson, 2004.
"Understanding Trend and Cycle in Asset Values: Reevaluating the Wealth Effect on Consumption,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 276-299, March.
- Martin Lettau & Sydney Ludvigson, 2003. "Understanding Trend and Cycle in Asset Values: Reevaluating the Wealth Effect on Consumption," NBER Working Papers 9848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Blake, 2004.
"The impact of wealth on consumption and retirement behaviour in the UK,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 555-576.
- Blake, David, 2002. "The impact of wealth on consumption and retirement behaviour in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24949, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters, in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Byrne & E. Philip Davis, 2003.
"Disaggregate Wealth and Aggregate Consumption: an Investigation of Empirical Relationships for the G7,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(2), pages 197-220, May.
- Professor E. Philip Davis, 2001. "Disaggregate Wealth and aggregate consumption: an investigation of empirical relationships for the..," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 180, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Hall, Robert E & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982.
"The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 461-481, March.
- Robert E. Hall & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1980. "The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households," NBER Working Papers 0505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenkins, P., 1989. "Effects Of Changing Age Structure On Consumption And Saving," Working Papers-Department of Finance Canada 1989-05, Department of Finance Canada.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001.
"A Theory of the Consumption Function, with and without Liquidity Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 23-45, Summer.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001. "A Theory of the Consumption Function, With and Without Liquidity Constraints (Expanded Version)," NBER Working Papers 8387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001. "Codes for A Theory of the Consumption Function, With and Without Liquidity Constraints," QM&RBC Codes 37, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Sohrab Abizadeh & Nancy Ghalam, 1994. "Immigrants and Canadian-born: A consumption behaviour assessment," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 49-72, May.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, June.
- Xiaohui Liu & Chang Shu, 2004. "Consumption and stock markets in Asian economies," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 483-496.
- James M. Poterba, 2000. "Stock Market Wealth and Consumption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 99-118, Spring.
- Norbert Funke, 2002. "Stock Market Developments and Private Consumer Spending in Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 02/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Flavin, Marjorie A, 1981. "The Adjustment of Consumption to Changing Expectations about Future Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 974-1009, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:19:y:2009:i:15:p:1187-1196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.