Specification tests for a parsimonious random-effects model
A random-effect model is devised with individual- and time-specific components for uncensored data, based on a specification for censored data developed by Anderson (1985) and extended by Kim and Maddala (1992). In addition, specification tests are devised that allow one to choose between the model and a conventional random-effects model.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Pesaran, M H, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 153-71, April.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1982.
"Some Non-Nested Hypothesis Tests and the Relations among Them,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 551-65, October.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Some Non-Nested Hypothesis Tests and the Relations Among Them," Working Papers 409, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:13:y:2006:i:15:p:1009-1012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.