Sample selection in estimating the determinants of cooperative R&D
This article treats the selectivity issue in the analysis of cooperative R&D and also presents some new results, e.g. that a firm's organization, vertical relationships and innovation strategy are important drivers of a decision to engage in R&D both independently and with external partners.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-37, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, . "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, Eitan & Zang, Israel, 1992. "Research Joint Ventures and R&D Cartels," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1293-306, December.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985.
"The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Scholarly Articles 3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 1998.
"R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
328, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2001. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," IESE Research Papers D/430, IESE Business School.
- Bianco, Magda & Casavola, Paola, 1999. "Italian corporate governance:: Effects on financial structure and firm performance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1057-1069, April.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1993. "Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in the Pharmaceutical Industry," NBER Working Papers 4466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayona, Cristina & Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Huerta, Emilio, 2001. "Firms' motivations for cooperative R&D: an empirical analysis of Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1289-1307, October.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:4:p:243-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.