Kernel estimators of extreme level curves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- V. Chavez-Demoulin & A. C. Davison, 2005. "Generalized additive modelling of sample extremes," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 54(1), pages 207-222.
- Gardes, Laurent & Girard, Stéphane, 2008. "A moving window approach for nonparametric estimation of the conditional tail index," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2368-2388, November.
- Girard, Stéphane & Jacob, Pierre, 2008. "Frontier estimation via kernel regression on high power-transformed data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 403-420, March.
- A. C. Davison & N. I. Ramesh, 2000. "Local likelihood smoothing of sample extremes," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 191-208.
- Einmahl, J.H.J., 1990. "The empirical distribution function as a tail estimator," Other publications TiSEM 08014dbd-2d84-43e5-ad47-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hall, Peter & Nussbaum, Michael & Stern, Steven E., 1997. "On the Estimation of a Support Curve of Indeterminate Sharpness," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 204-232, August.
- Hardle, W. & Park, B. U. & Tsybakov, A. B., 1995. "Estimation of Non-sharp Support Boundaries," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 205-218, November.
- Meligkotsidou, Loukia & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Vrontos, Spyridon D., 2009. "Quantile regression analysis of hedge fund strategies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 264-279, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Ceresetti & Eugen Ursu & Julie Carreau & Sandrine Anquetin & Jean-Dominique Creutin & Laurent Gardes & Stephane Girard & Gilles Molinie, 2012. "Evaluation of classical spatial-analysis schemes of extreme rainfall," Post-Print hal-00780197, HAL.
- He, Fengyang & Cheng, Yebin & Tong, Tiejun, 2016. "Estimation of extreme conditional quantiles through an extrapolation of intermediate regression quantiles," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 30-37.
- Tertius Wet & Yuri Goegebeur & Armelle Guillou & Michael Osmann, 2016. "Kernel regression with Weibull-type tails," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 68(5), pages 1135-1162, October.
- Stupfler, Gilles, 2016.
"Estimating the conditional extreme-value index under random right-censoring,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 1-24.
- Gilles Stupfler, 2016. "Estimating the conditional extreme-value index under random right-censoring," Post-Print hal-01446199, HAL.
- Gardes, Laurent & Girard, Stéphane, 2015. "Nonparametric estimation of the conditional tail copula," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1-16.
- Goedele Dierckx & Yuri Goegebeur & Armelle Guillou, 2014. "Local robust and asymptotically unbiased estimation of conditional Pareto-type tails," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 23(2), pages 330-355, June.
- repec:eee:stapro:v:134:y:2018:i:c:p:114-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daouia, Abdelaati & Girard, Stéphane & Stupfler, Gilles, 2015. "Estimation of Tail Risk based on Extreme Expectiles," TSE Working Papers 15-566, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jul 2017.
- Yuri Goegebeur & Armelle Guillou & Théo Rietsch, 2015. "Robust conditional Weibull-type estimation," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 67(3), pages 479-514, June.
- Jonathan El Methni & Laurent Gardes & Stéphane Girard, 2014. "Non-parametric Estimation of Extreme Risk Measures from Conditional Heavy-tailed Distributions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 41(4), pages 988-1012, December.
- Gardes, Laurent & Girard, Stéphane, 2016. "On the estimation of the functional Weibull tail-coefficient," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 29-45.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional quantiles; Heavy-tail distributions; Kernel estimator; Extreme-values; 62G32; 62G30; 62E20;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:20:y:2011:i:2:p:311-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.