Construction and Validation of an Observational Scale of Neighborhood Characteristics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 104 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spielman, Seth E. & Yoo, Eun-hye, 2009. "The spatial dimensions of neighborhood effects," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1098-1105, March.
- Ben-Arieh, Asher & McDonell, James, 2009. "Child safety measure as a proxy for child maltreatment: Preliminary evidence for the potential and validity of using ICD-9 coded hospital discharge data at the community level," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 873-878, August.
- Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & O'Brien Caughy, Margaret & O'Campo, Patricia & Gearey, Wayne, 2010. "Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: A literature review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 277-292, January.
- Diez Roux, Ana V., 2004. "Estimating neighborhood health effects: the challenges of causal inference in a complex world," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1953-1960, May.
- Claudia Coulton & Jill Korbin, 2007. "Indicators of child well-being through a neighborhood lens," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 349-361, December.
- Oakes, J. Michael, 2004. "The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1929-1952, May.
- James McDonell, 2007. "Neighborhood Characteristics, Parenting, and Children’s Safety," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 177199-1771, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:104:y:2011:i:3:p:439-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.