Construction and Validation of an Observational Scale of Neighborhood Characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James McDonell, 2007. "Neighborhood Characteristics, Parenting, and Children’s Safety," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 177-199, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:3:467-471_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spielman, Seth E. & Yoo, Eun-hye, 2009. "The spatial dimensions of neighborhood effects," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1098-1105, March.
- Oakes, J. Michael, 2004. "The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1929-1952, May.
- Claudia Coulton & Jill Korbin, 2007. "Indicators of child well-being through a neighborhood lens," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 349-361, December.
- Ben-Arieh, Asher & McDonell, James, 2009. "Child safety measure as a proxy for child maltreatment: Preliminary evidence for the potential and validity of using ICD-9 coded hospital discharge data at the community level," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 873-878, August.
- Diez Roux, Ana V., 2004. "Estimating neighborhood health effects: the challenges of causal inference in a complex world," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1953-1960, May.
- Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & O'Brien Caughy, Margaret & O'Campo, Patricia & Gearey, Wayne, 2010. "Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: A literature review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 277-292, January.
More about this item
KeywordsNeighborhood; Observation; Measurement; Physical and social characteristics; Neighborhood distress; Child maltreatment; Child injury; Resident perceptions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:104:y:2011:i:3:p:439-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .