A queuing-based model for optimal dimension of service firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- I.P.L. Png & David Reitman, 1994. "Service Time Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(4), pages 619-634, Winter.
- Parra Frutos, I. & Aranda Gallego, J., 1999. "Modelos de mercado: una aplicación de la Teoría de Colas," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 11, pages 121-142, Febrero.
- Lode Li & Yew Sing Lee, 1994. "Pricing and Delivery-Time Performance in a Competitive Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(5), pages 633-646, May.
- De Vany, Arthur S, et al, 1983. "Production in a Service Industry Using Customer Inputs: A Stochastic Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 149-153, February.
- So, Kut C. & Song, Jing-Sheng, 1998. "Price, delivery time guarantees and capacity selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 28-49, November.
- Ehud Kalai, 1990. "Optimal Service Speeds in a Competitive Environment," Discussion Papers 901, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- De Vany, Arthur & Saving, Thomas R, 1980. "Competition and Highway Pricing for Stochastic Traffic," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 45-60, January.
- De Vany, Arthur S & Saving, Thomas R, 1983. "The Economics of Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 979-1000, December.
- Ehud Kalai & Morton I. Kamien & Michael Rubinovitch, 1992. "Optimal Service Speeds in a Competitive Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(8), pages 1154-1163, August.
More about this item
KeywordsTime-based competition; Service firms; Queuing theory; Firm’s capacity; C02; E10; M21;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:series:v:1:y:2010:i:4:p:459-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.