Regional social assistance systems: Why and how targeting policy is introduced
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Coady & Margaret Grosh & John Hoddinott, 2004. "Targeting of Transfers in Developing Countries : Review of Lessons and Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14902, November.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Frances Stewart, 1993. "Two errors of targeting," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 459-496, September.
- Naila Kabeer, 2014. "The Politics and Practicalities of Universalism: Towards a Citizen-Centred Perspective on Social Protection," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(3), pages 338-354, July.
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, November.
- Sen, Amartya, 1995. "Inequality Reexamined," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198289289.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- González-Flores, Mario & Heracleous, Maria & Winters, Paul, 2012. "Leaving the Safety Net: An Analysis of Dropouts in an Urban Conditional Cash Transfer Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2505-2521.
- Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford & del Ninno, Carlo, 2016.
"Reaching the Poor: Cash Transfer Program Targeting in Cameroon,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 244-263.
- Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford & del Ninno, Carlo, 2015. "Reaching the Poor: Cash Transfer Program Targeting in Cameroon," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205270, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dodlova, Marina & Giolbas, Anna & Lay, Jann, 2016. "Non-Contributory Social Transfer Programmes in Developing Countries: A New Data Set and Research Agenda," GIGA Working Papers 290, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Meskoub, M., 2015. "Cash transfer as a social policy instrument or a tool of adjustment policy: from indirect subsidies (to energy and utilities) to cash subsidies in Iran, 2010-2014," ISS Working Papers - General Series 610, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2007. "For Reducing Poverty Faster: Target Reasons Before People," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1947-1960, November.
- Zurab Abramishvili & Lasha Lanchava, 2015. "Education for the Poor," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp542, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Francken, Nathalie & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2012.
"The Political Economy of Relief Aid Allocation: Evidence from Madagascar,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 486-500.
- Nathalie Francken & Bart Minten & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2009. "The political economy of relief aid allocation: evidence from Madagascar," LICOS Discussion Papers 23709, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Chakraborty, Lekha & Singh, Yadawendra & Jacob, Jannet Farida, 2012.
"Public Expenditure Benefit Incidence on Health: Selective Evidence from India,"
12/111, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Lekha Chakraborty & Yadawendra Singh & Jannet Jacob, 2012. "Public Expenditure Benefit Incidence on Health: Selective Evidence from India," Working Papers id:5188, eSocialSciences.
- World Bank, 2016. "Republic of Angola Poverty and Social Impact Analysis," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25105, The World Bank.
- Fiszbein, Ariel & Kanbur, Ravi & Yemtsov, Ruslan, 2014. "Social Protection and Poverty Reduction: Global Patterns and Some Targets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 167-177.
- Puja Vasudeva Dutta & Yuko Okamura, 2015. "Reaching the Poor and Vulnerable," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22328, The World Bank.
- Rachel Sabates-Wheeler & Alex Hurrell & Stephen Devereux, 2014. "Targeting Social Transfer Programmes: Comparing Design and Implementation Errors Across Alternative Mechanisms," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2014-040, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tieguhong, Julius Chupezi & Grouwels, Sophie & Ndoye, Ousseynou & Mala, Armand William & Fokou Sakam, Ignace & Useni, Marcel & Betti, Jean Lagarde, 2012. "Financial status of small and medium scale enterprises based on non-wood forest products (NWFP) in Central Africa," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 112-119.
- Yuriko Takahashi, 2017. "Varieties of Conditional Cash Transfers in Latin America," Working Papers 1619, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Asri, Viola, 2019. "Targeting of social transfers: Are India’s poor older people left behind?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 46-63.
- Armando Barrientos, 2016. "Inequality, Poverty, and Antipoverty Transfers," Working Papers id:11190, eSocialSciences.
- Rinehart, Chloe S. & McGuire, James W., 2017. "Obstacles to Takeup: Ecuador's Conditional Cash Transfer Program, The Bono de Desarrollo Humano," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 165-177.
- Namibia Statistics Agency & World Bank, 2017. "Does Fiscal Policy Benefit the Poor and Reduce Inequality in Namibia?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 27538, The World Bank.
- Tercelli Ilaria, 2013. "The Most Effective Means of Social Protection? An Evaluation of the Impact of Conditional Cash Transfers on Schooling and Child Labour in Peru," Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-30, December.
- Gao, Qin & Yang, Sui & Li, Shi, 2015. "Welfare, targeting, and anti-poverty effectiveness: The case of urban China," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 30-42.
More about this item
Keywordstargeting; income testing; regional strategy; social assistance for children; social assistance for the elderly;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:rrorus:v:7:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1134_s2079970517040050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.