Synergies and price trends in sequential auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro & Flavio Menezes, 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Microeconomics 9901002, EconWPA, revised 03 Feb 1999.
- Menezes, Flavio Marques & Monteiro, P. K., 1999. "Synergies and price trends in sequential auctions," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 360, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Menezes, F. & Monteiro, P.K., 1999. "Synergies and Price Trends in Sequential Auctions," Papers 366, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jane Black & David de Meza, 1992.
"Systematic Price Differences Between Successive Auctionsare no Anomaly,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 607-628, December.
- Black, Jane & De Meza, David, 1992. "Systematic Price Differences between Successive Auctions Are No Anomaly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 607-628, Winter.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Elmar Wolfstetter, 2002.
"Scale Economies and the Dynamics of Recurring Auctions,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 403-414, July.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Wolfstetter, Elmar, 1998. "Scale economies and the dynamics of recurring auctions," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,62, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- Flavio Menezes & Paulo Monteiro, 1997.
"Sequential asymmetric auctions with endogenous participation,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 187-202, September.
- Fl. Menezes & P.K.Monteiro, 1994. "Sequential Asymmetric Auctions With Endogenous Participation," Microeconomics 9402001, EconWPA, revised 09 Jun 1994.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Scoones, David, 1994. "A Note on Sequential Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 653-657, June.
- Vanderporten, Bruce, 1992. "Timing of Bids at Pooled Real Estate Auctions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 255-267, September.
- Vanderporten, Bruce, 1992. "Strategic behavior in pooled condominium auctions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 123-137, January.
- Krishna, Vijay & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1996.
"Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-31, November.
- Vijay Krishna & Robert Rosenthal, 1995. "Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies," Papers 0056, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Vijay Krishna & Robert Rosenthal, 1995. "Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies," Game Theory and Information 9503004, EconWPA.
- Krishna, V. & Rosenthal, R.W., 1995. "Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies," Papers 04-95-06, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Genesove, David, 1992.
"Testing for Price Anomalies in Real-Estate Auctions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 501-505, May.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," Working papers 92-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Genesove, 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in Real Estate Auctions," NBER Working Papers 4036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Genesove, D., 1992. "Testing for Price Anomalies in real Estate Auctions," Papers 128, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Chris Jones & Flavio Menezes & Francis Vella, 2004.
"Auction Price Anomalies: Evidence from Wool Auctions in Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(250), pages 271-288, September.
- Jones, C. & Menezes, F. & Vella, F., 1996. "Auctions Price Anomalies: Evidence from Wool Auctions in Australia," Papers 303, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel, 1993. "The Declining Price Anomaly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 191-212, June.
- Branco, Fernando, 1997. "Sequential auctions with synergies: An example," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 159-163, February.
- Gandal, Neil, 1997. "Sequential Auctions of Interdependent Objects: Israeli Cable Television Licenses," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 227-244, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Reiß & Jens Schöndube, 2010.
"First-price equilibrium and revenue equivalence in a sequential procurement auction model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(1), pages 99-141, April.
- Reiss, J. Philipp & Schï¿½ndube Jens Robert, 2007. "First-Price Equilibrium and Revenue Equivalence in a Sequential Procurement Auction Model," Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Indranil Chakraborty, 2004. "Multi-Unit Auctions with Synergy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(8), pages 1-14.
- Gerard Marty & Raphaele Preget, 2007. "A Socio-economic Analysis of French Public Timber Sales," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2007-03, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Miralles, Antonio, 2012. "Cardinal Bayesian allocation mechanisms without transfers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 179-206.
- Veronika Grimm, 2004. "On Procurement Auctions Of Complementary Goods," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Tang Sorensen, Soren, 2006. "Sequential auctions for stochastically equivalent complementary objects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 337-342, June.
- Peyman Khezr & Flavio Menezes, 2015. "Auctions with an asking price," Discussion Papers Series 539, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Rosato, Antonio, 2014. "Loss Aversion in Sequential Auctions: Endogenous Interdependence, Informational Externalities and the "Afternoon Effect"," MPRA Paper 56824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Veronika Grimm, 2007.
"Sequential versus Bundle Auctions for Recurring Procurement,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Veronika Grimm, 2006. "Sequential versus Bundle Auctions for Recurring Procurement," Working Paper Series in Economics 27, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Audrey Hu & Liang Zou, 2014. "Sequential Auctions, Price Trends, and Risk Preferences," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-139/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Xiaoshu Xu & Dan Levin & Lixin Ye, 2012. "Auctions with synergy and resale," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(2), pages 397-426, May.
- Stuart Kells, 2003. "Explaining The Breadth Of Expert Estimate Ranges In Auctions Of Rare Books," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 873, The University of Melbourne.
- Audrey Hu & Liang Zou, 2016. "Sequential Auctions with Generalized Interdependent Values," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-016/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2004:i:8:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Das Varma, Gopal, 2003. "Bidding for a process innovation under alternative modes of competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 15-37, January.
- Menezes, Flavio M. & Monteiro, Paulo K., 2004. "Auctions with synergies and asymmetric buyers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 287-294, November.
- Ramanathan Subramaniam & R. Venkatesh, 2009. "Optimal Bundling Strategies in Multiobject Auctions of Complements or Substitutes," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 264-273, 03-04.
More about this item
KeywordsSynergies; sequential auctions; increasing and decreasing expected prices;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:reecde:v:8:y:2003:i:1:p:85-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .