Testing for the shape parameter of generalized extreme value distribution based on the $$L_q$$ -likelihood ratio statistic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chao Huang & Jin-Guan Lin & Yan-Yan Ren, 2012. "Statistical Inferences for Generalized Pareto Distribution Based on Interior Penalty Function Algorithm and Bootstrap Methods and Applications in Analyzing Stock Data," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 173-193, February.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Shephard, Neil & Creal, Drew, 2009. "Testing the assumptions behind importance sampling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 2-11, April.
- Marimoutou, Velayoudoum & Raggad, Bechir & Trabelsi, Abdelwahed, 2009. "Extreme Value Theory and Value at Risk: Application to oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 519-530, July.
- Hamid Mohtadi & Antu Panini Murshid, 2009.
"Risk of catastrophic terrorism: an extreme value approach,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 537-559.
- Mohtadi, Hamid & Murshid, Antu, 2009. "The risk of catastrophic terrorism: an extreme value approach," MPRA Paper 25738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davide Ferrari & Sandra Paterlini, 2007.
"The Maximum Lq-Likelihood Method: an Application to Extreme Quantile Estimation in Finance,"
Department of Economics
555, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Davide Ferrari & Sandra Paterlini, 2007. "The Maximum Lq-Likelihood Method: an Application to Extreme Quantile Estimation in Finance," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 001, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Davide Ferrari & Sandra Paterlini, 2007. "The Maximum Lq-Likelihood Method: an Application to Extreme Quantile Estimation in Finance," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 0003, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Turan G. Bali, 2003. "An Extreme Value Approach to Estimating Volatility and Value at Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Lin, Jin-Guan & Huang, Chao & Zhuang, Qing-Yun & Zhu, Li-Ping, 2010. "Estimating generalized state density of near-extreme events and its applications in analyzing stock data," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 13-20, August.
- Davide Ferrari & Davide La Vecchia, 2012. "On robust estimation via pseudo-additive information," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 99(1), pages 238-244.
- Xinsheng Liu, 2007. "Likelihood Ratio Test for and Against Nonlinear Inequality Constraints," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 93-108, February.
More about this item
KeywordsHypothesis testing; $$L_q$$ -likelihood ratio statistic; Generalized extreme value distribution; Bootstrap method ; Maximum $$L_q$$ -likelihood estimate;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:76:y:2013:i:5:p:641-671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.