Re-weighted functional estimation of second-order diffusion processes
Second-order diffusion process can not only model integrated and differentiated diffusion processes but also overcome the difficulties associated with the nondifferentiability of the Brownian motion, so these models play an important role in econometric analysis. In this paper, we propose a re-weighted estimator of the diffusion coefficient in the second-order diffusion model. Consistence of the estimator is proved under appropriate conditions and the conditions that ensure the asymptotic normality are also stated. The performance of the proposed estimator is assessed by simulation study. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 75 (2012)
Issue (Month): 8 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/184/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2011.
"Tilted Nonparametric Estimation of Volatility Functions With Empirical Applications,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 518-528, October.
- Xu, Ke-Li & Phillips, Peter C. B., 2011. "Tilted Nonparametric Estimation of Volatility Functions With Empirical Applications," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 518-528.
- Cai, Zongwu, 2001. "Weighted Nadaraya-Watson regression estimation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 307-318, February.
- Xu, Ke-Li, 2010. "Reweighted Functional Estimation Of Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 541-563, April.
- Federico M. Bandi & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2003. "Fully Nonparametric Estimation of Scalar Diffusion Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 241-283, January.
- Federico M. Bandi & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2001. "Fully Nonparametric Estimation of Scalar Diffusion Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1332, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nicolau, Jo o, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation Of Second-Order Stochastic Differential Equations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(05), pages 880-898, October.
- Arnaud Gloter, 2006. "Parameter Estimation for a Discretely Observed Integrated Diffusion Process," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(1), pages 83-104.
- Gobet, Emmanuel & Hoffmann, Marc & Reiß, Markus, 2002. "Nonparametric estimation of scalar diffusions based on low frequency data is ill-posed," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,57, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- P. Hall & B. Presnell, 1999. "Intentionally biased bootstrap methods," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(1), pages 143-158.
- Cai, Zongwu, 2002. "Regression Quantiles For Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 169-192, February.
- Susanne Ditlevsen & Michael Sørensen, 2004. "Inference for Observations of Integrated Diffusion Processes," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 417-429. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:75:y:2012:i:8:p:1129-1151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.