A test for the weights of the global minimum variance portfolio in an elliptical model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berk, Jonathan B., 1997. "Necessary Conditions for the CAPM," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 245-257, March.
- John H. Cochrane, 1999.
"Portfolio advice of a multifactor world,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 59-78.
- John H. Cochrane, 1999. "Portfolio Advice for a Multifactor World," NBER Working Papers 7170, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Cochrane, 1999. "Portfolio Advice for a Multifactor World," CRSP working papers 491, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Heathcote, C. R. & Rachev, S. T. & Cheng, B., 1995. "Testing Multivariate Symmetry," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 91-112, July.
- Manzotti, A. & Pérez, Francisco J. & Quiroz, Adolfo J., 2002. "A Statistic for Testing the Null Hypothesis of Elliptical Symmetry," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 274-285, May.
- Okhrin, Yarema & Schmid, Wolfgang, 2006. "Distributional properties of portfolio weights," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 235-256, September.
- Gibbons, Michael R., 1982. "Multivariate tests of financial models : A new approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Markowitz, Harry M, 1991. " Foundations of Portfolio Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 469-477, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:1:p:371-390 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodnar, Taras & Parolya, Nestor & Schmid, Wolfgang, 2018.
"Estimation of the global minimum variance portfolio in high dimensions,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 266(1), pages 371-390.
- Taras Bodnar & Nestor Parolya & Wolfgang Schmid, 2014. "Estimation of the Global Minimum Variance Portfolio in High Dimensions," Papers 1406.0437, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2015.
- Bodnar, Taras & Parolya, Nestor & Schmid, Wolfgang, 2013.
"On the equivalence of quadratic optimization problems commonly used in portfolio theory,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 637-644.
- Taras Bodnar & Nestor Parolya & Wolfgang Schmid, 2012. "On the Equivalence of Quadratic Optimization Problems Commonly Used in Portfolio Theory," Papers 1207.1029, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Bodnar Taras & Schmid Wolfgang, 2011. "On the exact distribution of the estimated expected utility portfolio weights: Theory and applications," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 28(4), pages 319-342, December.
- Bodnar, Taras & Mazur, Stepan & Podgórski, Krzysztof, 2016. "Singular inverse Wishart distribution and its application to portfolio theory," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 314-326.
- Jens Stange & Taras Bodnar & Thorsten Dickhaus, 2015. "Uncertainty quantification for the family-wise error rate in multivariate copula models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 99(3), pages 281-310, July.
- Bodnar Taras & Schmid Wolfgang, 2009. "Estimation of optimal portfolio compositions for Gaussian returns," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 26(3), pages 179-201, April.
- David Bauder & Taras Bodnar & Nestor Parolya & Wolfgang Schmid, 2017. "Bayesian Inference of the Multi-Period Optimal Portfolio for an Exponential Utility," Papers 1705.06533, arXiv.org.
- Taras Bodnar & Solomiia Dmytriv & Nestor Parolya & Wolfgang Schmid, 2017. "Tests for the weights of the global minimum variance portfolio in a high-dimensional setting," Papers 1710.09587, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Bodnar, Taras & Mazur, Stepan & Okhrin, Yarema, 2017. "Bayesian estimation of the global minimum variance portfolio," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 292-307.
- repec:spr:alstar:v:101:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10182-016-0282-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodnar, Taras & Mazur, Stepan & Parolya, Nestor, 2017. "Central limit theorems for functionals of large sample covariance matrix and mean vector in matrix-variate location mixture of normal distributions," Working Papers 2017:5, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Bodnar, Taras & Okhrin, Yarema, 2008. "Properties of the singular, inverse and generalized inverse partitioned Wishart distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2389-2405, November.
- Li, Hua & Bai, Zhi Dong & Wong, Wing Keung, 2015. "High dimensional Global Minimum Variance Portfolio," MPRA Paper 66284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bodnar, Taras & Mazur, Stepan & Ngailo, Edward & Parolya, Nestor, 2017. "Discriminant analysis in small and large dimensions," Working Papers 2017:6, Örebro University, School of Business.
More about this item
KeywordsPortfolio analysis; Global minimum variance portfolio; Elliptically contoured distribution; General linear hypothesis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:67:y:2008:i:2:p:127-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.