Upper echelons theory in management accounting and control research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Chan & Sun, Lili & Ettredge, Michael, 2010. "Financial executive qualifications, financial executive turnover, and adverse SOX 404 opinions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-110, May.
- Nikolai Roussanov, 2010.
"Diversification and Its Discontents: Idiosyncratic and Entrepreneurial Risk in the Quest for Social Status,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1755-1788, October.
- Wharton School & Nikolai Roussanov, 2008. "Diversification and its Discontents: Idiosyncratic and Entrepreneurial Risk in the Quest for Social Status," 2008 Meeting Papers 924, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D., 2003. "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 169-249.
- Odysseas Pavlatos, 2012. "The impact of CFOs' characteristics and information technology on cost management systems," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(3), pages 242-254, November.
- David Naranjo-Gil & Victor Maas & Frank Hartmann, 2009. "How CFOs Determine Management Accounting Innovation: An Examination of Direct and Indirect Effects," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 667-695.
- Naranjo-Gil, David & Hartmann, Frank, 2007. "How CEOs use management information systems for strategy implementation in hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 29-41, April.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Lukas Goretzki, 2013. "Management accounting and the construction of the legitimate manager," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 319-344, February.
- Larissa Kyj & Robert J. Parker, 2008. "Antecedents of Budget Participation: Leadership Style, Information Asymmetry, and Evaluative Use of Budget," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 44(4), pages 423-442.
- Brian M. Lucey & Yulia Plaksina & Michael Dowling, 2013. "CEO social status and acquisitiveness," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 161-177, August.
- Naranjo-Gil, David & Hartmann, Frank, 2007. "Management accounting systems, top management team heterogeneity and strategic change," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 735-756.
- Frank Hartmann & David Naranjo-Gil & Paolo Perego, 2010. "The Effects of Leadership Styles and Use of Performance Measures on Managerial Work-Related Attitudes," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 275-310.
- Thomas Guenther, 2013. "Conceptualisations of ‘controlling’ in German-speaking countries: analysis and comparison with Anglo-American management control frameworks," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 269-290, February.
- Erik Strauß & Christina Zecher, 2013. "Management control systems: a review," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 233-268, February.
- Huang, Jiekun & Kisgen, Darren J., 2013. "Gender and corporate finance: Are male executives overconfident relative to female executives?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 822-839.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Martin-Rios, 2016. "Innovative management control systems in knowledge work: a middle manager perspective," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 181-204, May.
- repec:eee:fambus:v:9:y:2018:i:2:p:128-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Naranjo-Gil, 2016. "The Role of Management Control Systems and Top Teams in Implementing Environmental Sustainability Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-12, April.
- Stefanie Gschwantner & Martin R. W. Hiebl, 2016. "Management control systems and organizational ambidexterity," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 371-404, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:359:d:68076 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joacli:v:37:y:2016:i:c:p:55-75 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dauth, Tobias & Pronobis, Paul & Schmid, Stefan, 2017. "Exploring the link between internationalization of top management and accounting quality: The CFO’s international experience matters," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 71-88.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:18:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0027-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Erkki Laitinen, 2014. "The association between CEO work, management accounting information, and financial performance: evidence from Finnish top managers," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 25(3), pages 221-257, December.
More about this item
KeywordsUpper echelons; Management accounting; Management control;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:24:y:2014:i:3:p:223-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.