Aggregate monotonic stable single-valued solutions for cooperative games
This article considers single-valued solutions of transferable utility cooperative games that satisfy core selection and aggregate monotonicity, defined either on the set of all games, G N , or on the set of essential games, E N (those with a non-empty imputation set). The main result is that for an arbitrary set of players, core selection and aggregate monotonicity are compatible with individual rationality, the dummy player property and symmetry for single-valued solutions defined on both G N and E N . This result solves an open question in the literature (see for example Young et al. Water Resour Res 18:463–475, 1982 ). Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
Volume (Year): 41 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/182/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calleja, Pedro & Rafels, Carles & Tijs, Stef, 2009. "The aggregate-monotonic core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 742-748, July.
- Kleppe, J., 2010. "Modelling interactive behaviour, and solution concepts," Other publications TiSEM b9b96884-5761-48f0-9ee4-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- David Housman & (*), Lori Clark, 1998. "Note Core and monotonic allocation methods," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(4), pages 611-616.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Bezalel Peleg & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2003.
"The Dutta-Ray Solution on the Class of Convex Games: A Generalization and Monotonicity Properties,"
03-29, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Bezalel Peleg & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2005. "The Dutta-Ray Solution On The Class Of Convex Games: A Generalization And Monotonicity Properties," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(04), pages 431-442.
- Hans Haller & Jean Derks, 1999. "Weighted nucleoli," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(2), pages 173-187.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:41:y:2012:i:4:p:899-913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.