The outsourcing productivity paradox: total outsourcing, organisational innovation, and long run productivity growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Oliver D & Moore, John, 1988.
"Incomplete Contracts and Renegotiation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 755-785, July.
- Hardman Moore, John & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "Incomplete Contracts and Renegotiation," CEPR Discussion Papers 60, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1985. "Incomplete Contracts and Renegotiation," Working papers 367, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Langlois, Richard N., 2002. "Modularity in technology and organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 19-37, September.
- Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier, 1997. "Innovation in services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 537-556, December.
- Marengo, Luigi & Dosi, Giovanni, 2005.
"Division of labor, organizational coordination and market mechanisms in collective problem-solving,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 303-326, October.
- Luigi Marengo & Giovanni Dosi, 2003. "Division of Labor, Organizational Coordination and Market Mechanism in Collective Problem-Solving," LEM Papers Series 2003/04, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1999.
"Foundations of Incomplete Contracts,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 115-138.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998. "Foundations of Incomplete Contracts," NBER Working Papers 6726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1998. "Foundations of incomplete contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19354, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998. "Foundations of Incomplete Contracts," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1846, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Herbert A. Simon, 2002. "Near decomposability and the speed of evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 587-599, June.
- Aghion, Philippe & Dewatripont, Mathias & Rey, Patrick, 1994.
"Renegotiation Design with Unverifiable Information,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 257-282, March.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Philippe Aghion & Patrick Rey, 1994. "Renegotiation design with unverifiable information," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9591, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aghion, Philippe & Dewatripont, Mathias & Rey, Patrick, 1994. "Renegotiation Design with Unverifiable Information," Scholarly Articles 12375014, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Andreas Reinstaller & Werner Hölzl, 2004.
"Complementarity constraints and induced innovation: some evidence from the first IT regime,"
Chapters,in: Applied Evolutionary Economics and Complex Systems, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andreas Reinstaller & Werner Hölzl, 2003. "Complementarity constraints and induced innovation: Some evidence from the first IT regime," Working Papers geewp26, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Reinstaller, Andreas & Hölzl, Werner, 2003. "Complementarity constraints and induced innovation: some evidence from the First IT Regime," Research Memorandum 030, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Paul Nightingale & Tim Brady & Andrew Davies & Jeremy Hall, 2003. "Capacity utilization revisited: software, control and the growth of large technical systems," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 477-517, June.
- Silverberg, Gerald & Verspagen, Bart, 1994. "Collective Learning, Innovation and Growth in a Boundedly Rational, Evolutionary World," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 207-226, September.
- Carlo Gianelle & Giuseppe Tattara, 2009. "Manufacturing Abroad While Making Profits at Home: The Veneto Footwear clothing industry," Chapters,in: Corporate Governance, Organization and the Firm, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1998. "A Vision of the Growth Process," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
- Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Macready, William G., 2000. "Optimal search on a technology landscape," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 141-166, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isidoro Romero & Juan A. Martínez-Román, 2015. "Determinants of technology adoption in the retail trade industry – the case of SMEs in Spain," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(39), pages 646-646, May.
- Derya Fındık & Aysıt Tansel, 2013.
"Intangible investment and Technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey,"
EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey
235, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1506, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Aug 2015.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1511, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Fındık, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2013. "Intangible investment and technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey," MPRA Paper 65955, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2014.
- Fındık, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2013. "Intangible investment and technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey," MPRA Paper 66165, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2014.
- Findik, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 9262, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roberto Antonietti, 2016.
"From outsourcing to productivity, passing through training: microeconometric evidence from Italy,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 407-425, July.
- Roberto Antonietti, 2014. "From Outsourcing to Productivity, Passing Through Training: Microeconometric Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2014.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Antonietti, Roberto & Cainelli, Giulio & Lupi, Claudio, 2013.
"Vertical disintegration and spatial co-localization: The case of Kibs in the metropolitan region of Milan,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 360-363.
- Roberto Antonietti & Giulio Cainelli & Claudio Lupi, 2012. "Vertical disintegration and spatial co-localization: the case of Kibs in the Metropolitan Region of Milan," Openloc Working Papers 1202, Public policies and local development.
- Davide Antonioli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Sandro Montresor & Paolo Pini, 2015. "Outsourcing and Firm Productivity in a Specific Local Production System: Evidence from Reggio Emilia (Italy)," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 292-320, June.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Matteo Lucchese & Valentina Meliciani, 2015. "Business services and the export performances of manufacturing industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 959-981, November.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0326-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Cusmano, Lucia & Mancusi, Maria Luisa & Morrison, Andrea, 2009. "Innovation and the geographical and organisational dimensions of outsourcing: Evidence from Italian firm-level data," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 183-195, September.
- Leoncini, Riccardo & Montresor, Sandro & Rentocchini, Francesco, 2016. "CO2-reducing innovations and outsourcing: Evidence from photovoltaics and green construction in North-East Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1649-1659.
- Baier , Elisabeth & Rammer , Christian & Schubert , Torben, 2013.
"The Impact of Innovation Off-shoring on Organizational Adaptability,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2013/44, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Baier, Elisabeth & Rammer, Christian & Schuber, Torben, 2013. "The impact on innovation off-shoring on organizational adaptability," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-109, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2010.
"User-producer relations, innovation and the evolution of market structures under alternative contractual regimes,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 26-40, March.
- Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo, 2009. "User-producer relations, innovation and the evolution of market structures under alternative contractual regimes," KITeS Working Papers 001, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2009.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. " Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," Working Papers 2015/11, Turkish Economic Association.
- Paul Windrum, 2013. "The co-production of health innovations," Chapters,in: Public–Private Innovation Networks in Services, chapter 9, pages 228-246 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roberto Antonietti & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Riccardo Leoncini, 2014. "Trust your neighbour. Industrial relatedness, social capital and outsourcing," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1403, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2014.
- Sdiri, Hanen & Ayadi, Mohamed, 2012.
"Innovation et externalisation des services: une analyse empirique sur données d'entreprises tunisiennes
[Innovation and outsourcing of services: a firm-level analysis]," MPRA Paper 39359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peukert, Christian, 2011. "External technology supply and client-side innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-082, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsOutsourcing; Organisational innovation; Long run productivity development; D23; D24; D83; O33;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:19:y:2009:i:2:p:197-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.