Performance Feedback Does Not Eliminate the Sunk-Cost Fallacy: Evidence From Professional Football
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony C. Krautmann & Peter von Allmen & David Berri, 2009. "The Underpayment of Restricted Players in North American Sports Leagues," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 4(3), pages 161-175, August.
- Daniel M. Leeds & Michael A. Leeds & Akira Motomura, 2015.
"Are Sunk Costs Irrelevant? Evidence From Playing Time In The National Basketball Association,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(2), pages 1305-1316, April.
- Leeds, Daniel & Leeds, Michael A. & Motomura, Akira, 2013. "Are Sunk Costs Irrelevant? Evidence from Playing Time in the National Basketball Association," IZA Discussion Papers 7801, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Leeds & Michael A. Leeds & Akira Motomura, 2013. "Are Sunk Costs Irrelevant? Evidence from Playing Time in the National Basketball Association," DETU Working Papers 1304, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Borland, Jeff & Lee, Leng & Macdonald, Robert D., 2011. "Escalation effects and the player draft in the AFL," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 371-380, June.
- Rob Simmons & David Berri, 2009. "Gains from Specialization and Free Agency: The Story from the Gridiron," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-529, October.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- A. Colin Cameron & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2010. "Microeconometrics Using Stata, Revised Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number musr, December.
- Arkes, Hal R. & Blumer, Catherine, 1985. "The psychology of sunk cost," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 124-140, February.
More about this item
KeywordsSunk-cost fallacy; Performance feedback; Labor utilization; NFL; L20; J31; C36; Z22;
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C36 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- Z22 - Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - Labor Issues
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jlabre:v:36:y:2015:i:4:p:409-426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .