Training, Technological Changes, and Displacement
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12122|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987.
"Breach of Trust in Hostile Takeovers,"
NBER Working Papers
2342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bartel, Ann P & Sicherman, Nachum, 1993. "Technological Change and Retirement Decisions of Older Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 162-83, January.
- Allen, Steven G, 2001.
"Technology and the Wage Structure,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 440-83, April.
- Gibbons, R. & Katz, L.F., 1989.
"Layoffs And Lemons,"
531, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carl M. Campbell III & Kunal S. Kamlani, 1997. "The Reasons for Wage Rigidity: Evidence from a Survey of Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 759-789.
- Daniel Rodriguez & Madeline Zavodny, 2000. "Explaining changes in the age distribution of displaced workers," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Mark A. Loewenstein & James R. Spletzer, 1999. "General and Specific Training: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(4), pages 710-733.
- Jacob Mincer, 1988. "Job Training, Wage Growth, and Labor Turnover," NBER Working Papers 2690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Erica L. Groshen & David Neumark, 1993.
"Do Hostile Takeovers Reduce Extramarginal Wage Payments?,"
NBER Working Papers
4346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gokhale, Jagadeesh & Groshen, Erica L & Neumark, David, 1995. "Do Hostile Takeovers Reduce Extramarginal Wage Payments?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(3), pages 470-85, August.
- Jagadeesh Gokhale & Erica L. Groshen & David Neumark, 1992. "Do hostile takeovers reduce extramarginal wage payments?," Working Paper 9215, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 9.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Robert A. Shakotko, 1987. "Do Wages Rise with Job Seniority?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 437-459.
- Jacob Mincer & Boyan Jovanovic, 1979.
"Labor Mobility and Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
0357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1998.
"Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1169-1213.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?," NBER Working Papers 5956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joanne Salop & Steven C. Salop, 1976. "Self-selection and turnover in the labor market," Special Studies Papers 80, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lori G. Kletzer, 1998. "Job Displacement," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 115-136, Winter.
- Daniel Aaronson & Kenneth Housinger, 1999. "The impact of technology on displacement and reemployment," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 14-30.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1991. "The Role of Off-the-Job vs. On-the-Job Training for the Mobility of Women Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 151-56, May.
- Mincer, Jacob & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1988. "Wage structures and labor turnover in the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 97-133, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jlabre:v:30:y:2009:i:3:p:201-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.