A hybrid global optimization algorithm for non-linear least squares regression
A hybrid global optimization algorithm is proposed aimed at the class of objective functions with properties typical of the problems of non-linear least squares regression. Three components of hybridization are considered: simplicial partition of the feasible region, indicating and excluding vicinities of the main local minimizers from global search, and computing the indicated local minima by means of an efficient local descent algorithm. The performance of the algorithm is tested using a collection of non-linear least squares problems evaluated by other authors as difficult global optimization problems. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2013
Volume (Year): 56 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10898|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Demidenko, Eugene, 2006. "Criteria for global minimum of sum of squares in nonlinear regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1739-1753, December.
- Tvrdik, Josef & Krivy, Ivan & Misik, Ladislav, 2007. "Adaptive population-based search: Application to estimation of nonlinear regression parameters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 713-724, October.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Dorsey, Robert E & Mayer, Walter J, 1995.
"Genetic Algorithms for Estimation Problems with Multiple Optima, Nondifferentiability, and Other Irregular Features,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 53-66, January.
- Michael B. Gordy, . "GA.M: A Matlab routine for function maximization using a Genetic Algorithm," Matlab codes ga, , revised 12 Feb 1996.
- Antanas Žilinskas & Julius Žilinskas, 2010. "P-algorithm based on a simplicial statistical model of multimodal functions," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 396-412, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jglopt:v:56:y:2013:i:2:p:265-277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.