Alumni’s perceptions about commitment towards their university: drivers and consequences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emerson Mainardes & Mário Raposo & Helena Alves, 2014. "Universities Need a Market Orientation to Attract Non-Traditional Stakeholders as New Financing Sources," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 159-171, June.
- Beverly A. Browne & Dennis O. Kaldenberg & William G. Browne & Daniel J. Brown, 1998. "Student as Customer: Factors Affecting Satisfaction and Assessments of Institutional Quality," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Geyskens, I. & Steenkamp, J.E.B.M. & Scheer, L.K. & Kumar, N., 1996. "The effects of trust and interdependence on relationship commitment : A trans-Atlantic study," Other publications TiSEM ef7c8d6c-963d-4ee7-8576-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Clotfelter, C. T., 2003. "Alumni giving to elite private colleges and universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 109-120, April.
- Syed Alwi, Sharifah Faridah & Kitchen, Philip J., 2014. "Projecting corporate brand image and behavioral response in business schools: Cognitive or affective brand attributes?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2324-2336.
- Ilda Maria Pedro & Luis Nobre Pereira & Hélder Brito Carrasqueira, 2018. "Determinants for the commitment relationship maintenance between the alumni and the alma mater," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 128-152, January.
- Eugénia Pedro & João Leitão & Helena Alves, 2016. "Does the Quality of Academic Life Matter for Students’ Performance, Loyalty and University Recommendation?," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 293-316, March.
- Tamer H. Elsharnouby, 2015. "Student co-creation behavior in higher education: the role of satisfaction with the university experience," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 238-262, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ilda Maria Pedro & Júlio Costa Mendes & Luís Nobre Pereira, 2020. "Identifying patterns of alumni commitment in key strategic relationship programmes," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 17(4), pages 445-468, December.
- Balaji, M.S. & Roy, Sanjit Kumar & Sadeque, Saalem, 2016. "Antecedents and consequences of university brand identification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 3023-3032.
- Foroudi, Pantea & Yu, Qionglei & Gupta, Suraksha & Foroudi, Mohammad M., 2019. "Enhancing university brand image and reputation through customer value co-creation behaviour," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 218-227.
- Ahmed Ibrahim Alzahrani & T. Ramayah & Nalini Suppiah & Osama Alfarraj & Nasser Alalwan, 2020. "Modeling Blog Usage From a Developing Country Perspective Using Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(3), pages 21582440209, July.
- George R. Goethals & Gordon C. Winston & David J. Zimmerman & Laurie C. Hurshman & Adam C. Sischy & Georgi Zhelev, 2004. "Who Cares? How Students View Faculty and Other Adults in US Higher Education," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-67, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Faiz Muhammad Khuwaja & Waheed Ali Umrani & Sanober Salman Shaikh & Ammar Ahmed & Sanaullah Shar, 2019. "University Markor: A Context-Specific Scale to Measure Market-Orientation in Universities," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(2), pages 21582440198, June.
- repec:pri:cepsud:224rosen is not listed on IDEAS
- Judit Oláh & Attila Bai & György Karmazin & Péter Balogh & József Popp, 2017. "The Role Played by Trust and Its Effect on the Competiveness of Logistics Service Providers in Hungary," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Dugan, K. & Mullin, C.H. & Siegfried, J.J., 2000. "Undergraduate Financial Aid and Subsequent Giving Behavior," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-57, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Zur, Andrew & Leckie, Civilai & Webster, Cynthia M., 2012. "Cognitive and affective trust between Australian exporters and their overseas buyers," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 73-79.
- Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 2009.
"The impact of athletic performance on alumni giving: An analysis of microdata,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 287-294, June.
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2008. "The Impact of Athletic Performance on Alumni Giving: An Analysis of Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 13937, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2008. "The Impact of Athletic Performance on Alumni Giving: An Analysis of Micro Data," Working Papers 1046, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Matilde Bini & Lucio Masserini, 2016. "Students’ Satisfaction and Teaching Efficiency of University Offer," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 847-862, November.
- P. Van Kenhove & K. De Wulf & D. Van Den Poelt, 2003. "Does Attitudinal Commitment to Stores Always Lead to Behavioral Loyalty? The Moderating Effect of Age," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/168, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- imen ABDENNADHER & Karim TRABELSI & Tarek ABDELLATIF, 2017. "Les influences des déterminants de la qualité relationnelle des banques islamiques sur l’engagement de leurs clients," Journal of Academic Finance, RED research unit, university of Gabes, Tunisia, vol. 8(1), June.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Stephen G. Dimmock & Scott Weisbenner, 2012.
"The Supply of and Demand for Charitable Donations to Higher Education,"
NBER Chapters, in: How the Financial Crisis and Great Recession Affected Higher Education, pages 151-174,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Stephen G. Dimmock & Scott Weisbenner, 2012. "The Supply of and Demand for Charitable Donations to Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 18389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 2012.
"Does generosity beget generosity? Alumni giving and undergraduate financial aid,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 890-907.
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2011. "Does Generosity Beget Generosity? Alumni Giving and Undergraduate Financial Aid," Working Papers 1361, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2012. "Does Generosity Beget Generosity? Alumni Giving and Undergraduate Financial Aid," NBER Working Papers 17861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khyati Shetty Datta & Julie Vardhan, 2017. "A SERVQUAL-Based Framework for Assessing Quality of International Branch Campuses in UAE," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(1), pages 21582440166, February.
- Yuan, Ruizhi & Liu, Martin J. & Luo, Jun & Yen, Dorothy A., 2016. "Reciprocal transfer of brand identity and image associations arising from higher education brand extensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 3069-3076.
- Balmer, John M.T. & Lin, Zhibin & Chen, Weifeng & He, Xinming, 2020. "The role of corporate brand image for B2B relationships of logistics service providers in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 850-861.
- Magnani, Giovanna & Zucchella, Antonella & Strange, Roger, 2019. "The dynamics of outsourcing relationships in global value chains: Perspectives from MNEs and their suppliers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 581-595.
- Schulze, Birgit & Wocken, Christian & Spiller, Achim, 2008. "(Dis)loyalty in the German dairy industry: a supplier relationship management view ; empirical evidence and management implications," DARE Discussion Papers 0806, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
More about this item
KeywordsRelationship marketing; University; Alumni; Commitment-relationship; Perceptions; Focus group;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:irpnmk:v:17:y:2020:i:4:d:10.1007_s12208-020-00259-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.