Reaching for the stars: the appointment of celebrities to corporate boards
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Knoeber, Charles R, 2001. "Do Some Outside Directors Play a Political Role?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 179-198, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i::p:55-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i:1:p:164-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Brennan, Michael J & Hughes, Patricia J, 1991. " Stock Prices and the Supply of Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1665-1691, December.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i:2:p:246-271 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2016.
"Taking the lord's name in vain: The impact of connected directors on 19th century British banks,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 75-93.
- Masami Imai & Richard S. Grossman, 2014. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," Working Papers e86, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Grossman, Richard & Imai, Masami, 2015. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10367, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard S.Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord’s Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-004, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Richard S. Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th Century British Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 5129, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsDirectors; Celebrities; Governance; Boards; G30; G34;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:58:y:2011:i:4:p:337-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.