Financial analysts and information-based trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Womack, Kent L, 1996. "Do Brokerage Analysts' Recommendations Have Investment Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 137-167, March.
- Obrien, Pc & Bhushan, R, 1990. "Analyst Following And Institutional Ownership," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28, pages 55-76.
- Kee, H. Chung & McInish, Thomas H. & Wood, Robert A. & Wyhowski, Donald J., 1995. "Production of information, information asymmetry, and the bid-ask spread: Empirical evidence from analysts' forecasts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1025-1046, September.
- Shores, D, 1990. "The Association Between Interim Information And Security Returns Surrounding Earnings Announcements," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 164-181.
- Bhushan, Ravi, 1989. "Firm characteristics and analyst following," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 255-274, July.
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M & O'Hara, Maureen, 1997. "One Day in the Life of a Very Common Stock," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 805-835.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
"A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. "Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1988. "Trades, quotes, inventories, and information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 229-252, December.
- Brennan, Michael J & Hughes, Patricia J, 1991. "Stock Prices and the Supply of Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1665-1691, December.
- Brennan, Michael J & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Swaminathan, Bhaskaran, 1993. "Investment Analysis and the Adjustment of Stock Prices to Common Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(4), pages 799-824.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jagjeev Dosanjh, 2017. "Exchange Initiatives and Market Efficiency: Evidence from the Australian Securities Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 1-2017, January.
- Irvine, Paul J., 2003. "The incremental impact of analyst initiation of coverage," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 431-451, September.
- repec:uts:finphd:34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chung, Kee H. & Cho, Seong-Yeon, 2005. "Security analysis and market making," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 114-141, January.
- Patrick J. Kelly, 2014.
"Information Efficiency and Firm-Specific Return Variation,"
Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(04), pages 1-44.
- Patrick J. Kelly, 2014. "Information Efficiency and Firm-Specific Return Variation," Working Papers w0208, New Economic School (NES).
- Patrick J. Kelly, 2014. "Information Efficiency and Firm-Specific Return Variation," Working Papers w0208, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Brown, Stephen & Hillegeist, Stephen A. & Lo, Kin, 2004. "Conference calls and information asymmetry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 343-366, September.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Hamao, Yasushi & Ho, Richard Y.K., 2005. "Adverse selection, brokerage coverage, and trading activity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1483-1508, June.
- Allaudeen Hameed & Randall Morck & Jianfeng Shen & Bernard Yeung, 2015.
"Information, Analysts, and Stock Return Comovement,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 28(11), pages 3153-3187.
- Allaudeen Hameed & Randall Morck & Jianfeng Shen & Bernard Yeung, 2010. "Information, analysts, and stock return comovement," NBER Working Papers 15833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yezegel, Ari, 2015. "Why do analysts revise their stock recommendations after earnings announcements?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 163-181.
- Craig W. Holden & Pamela S. Stuerke, 2008. "The Frequency of Financial Analysts' Forecast Revisions: Theory and Evidence about Determinants of Demand for Predisclosure Information," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(7-8), pages 860-888.
- Frankel, Richard & Kothari, S.P. & Weber, Joseph, 2006. "Determinants of the informativeness of analyst research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 29-54, April.
- Mark H. Lang & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller, 2003. "ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-345, May.
- John A. Doukas & Phillip J. McKnight, 2005. "European Momentum Strategies, Information Diffusion, and Investor Conservatism," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(3), pages 313-338, June.
- John A. Doukas & Chansog (Francis) Kim & Christos Pantzalis, 2008. "Do Analysts Influence Corporate Financing and Investment?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 303-339, June.
- Syrine Sassi & Narjess Toumi, 2018. "Product market competition and analyst following," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(1), pages 55-88, March.
- Bardong, Florian & Bartram, Söhnke M. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2005.
"Informed Trading, Information Asymmetry and Pricing of Information Risk: Empirical Evidence from the NYSE,"
13586, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Oct 2008.
- Yadav, Pradeep K. & Bardong, Florian & Bartram, Söhnke M., 2009. "Informed trading, information asymmetry and pricing of information risk: Empirical evidence from the NYSE," CFR Working Papers 09-08, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Gomes, Armando & Gorton, Gary & Madureira, Leonardo, 2007.
"SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure, information, and the cost of capital,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 300-334, June.
- Armando Gomes & Gary Gorton & Leonardo Madureira, 2004. "SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure, Information, and the Cost of Capital," NBER Working Papers 10567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiraporn, Pornsit & Chintrakarn, Pandej & Kim, Young S., 2012. "Analyst following, staggered boards, and managerial entrenchment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 3091-3100.
- Anwer S. Ahmed & Minsup Song & Douglas E. Stevens, 2009. "Earnings characteristics and analysts’ differential interpretation of earnings announcements: An empirical analysis," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(2), pages 223-246, June.
- O'Brien, Patricia C. & Tan, Hongping, 2015. "Geographic proximity and analyst coverage decisions: Evidence from IPOs," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 41-59.
- Mei-Chen Lin & Po-Hsin Ho & Hsiang-Lin Chih, 2019. "Effects of managerial overconfidence on analyst recommendations," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 73-99, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:1:y:1998:i:2:p:175-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.