Are international environmental agreements enforceable? implications for institutional design
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldstein, Judith & Kahler, Miles & Keohane, Robert O. & Slaughter, Anne-Marie, 2000. "Introduction: Legalization and World Politics," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 385-399, June.
- Barrett, Scott, 1994. "Self-Enforcing International Environmental Agreements," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 878-894, Supplemen.
- Keohane, Robert O. & Moravcsik, Andrew & Slaughter, Anne-Marie, 2000. "Legalized Dispute Resolution: Interstate and Transnational," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 457-488, June.
- Veronica Ward, 2002. "Environmental Regime Effectiveness: Confronting Theory with Evidence," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 2(2), pages 116-122, May.
- Smith, James McCall, 2000. "The Politics of Dispute Settlement Design: Explaining Legalism in Regional Trade Pacts," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(01), pages 137-180, December.
- Abbott, Kenneth W. & Snidal, Duncan, 2000. "Hard and Soft Law in International Governance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 421-456, June.
- Bratberg, Espen & Tjotta, Sigve & Oines, Torgeir, 2005.
"Do voluntary international environmental agreements work?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 583-597, November.
- Bratberg, Espen & Tjøtta, Sigve & Øines, Torgeir, 2003. "Do voluntary international environmental agreements work?," Working Papers in Economics 06/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Carsten Helm & Detlef Sprinz, 2000. "Measuring the Effectiveness of International Environmental Regimes," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 44(5), pages 630-652, October.
- Tom Delreux, 2006. "The European Union in international environmental negotiations: a legal perspective on the internal decision-making process," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 231-248, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aakvik, Arild & Tjøtta, Sigve, 2011.
"Do collective actions clear common air? The effect of international environmental protocols on sulphur emissions,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 343-351, June.
- Aakvik, Arild & Tjøtta, Sigve, 2007. "Do Collective Actions Clear Common Air? The Effect of International Environmental Protocols on Sulphur Emissions," Working Papers in Economics 10/07, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Geijer, Christina K.A. & Jones, Peter J.S., 2015. "A network approach to migratory whale conservation: Are MPAs the way forward or do all roads lead to the IMO?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
KeywordsArbitral tribunals; International environmental agreements; International environmental law; European Court of Justice; International regimes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ieaple:v:10:y:2010:i:3:p:165-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.