The Effects of Childhood, Adult, and Community Socioeconomic Conditions on Health and Mortality among Older Adults in China
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew Dupre & Alexis Franzese & Emilio Parrado, 2006. "Religious attendance and mortality: Implications for the black-white mortality crossover," Demography, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 141-164, February.
- Angus Deaton, 2002.
"Health, inequality, and economic development,"
270, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Deaton, A., 2001. "Health, Inequality, and Economic Development," Papers 200, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton, 2002. "Health, inequality, and economic development," Working Papers 209, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Angus Deaton, 2001. "Health, Inequality, and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 8318, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Danan Gu & Yi Zeng, 2004. "Sociodemographic Effects on the Onset and Recovery of ADL Disability among Chinese Oldest-old," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42, August.
- Mark Hayward & Bridget Gorman, 2004. "The long arm of childhood: The influence of early-life social conditions on men’s mortality," Demography, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 87-107, February.
- Zhenmei Zhang & Danan Gu & Mark D. Hayward, 2008. "Early Life Influences on Cognitive Impairment Among Oldest Old Chinese," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 63(1), pages S25-S33.
- Veenstra, Gerry, 2000. "Social capital, SES and health: an individual-level analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 619-629, March.
- Jersey Liang & John F. McCarthy & Arvind Jain & Neal Krause & Joan M. Bennett & Shengzu Gu, 2000. "Socioeconomic Gradient in Old Age Mortality in Wuhan, China," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 55(4), pages S222-S233.
- Zeng Yi & Danan Gu & Kenneth Land, 2007. "The association of childhood socioeconomic conditions with healthy longevity at the oldest-old ages in China," Demography, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 497-518, August.
- Hart, Carole L. & Davey Smith, George & Blane, David, 1998. "Social mobility and 21Â year mortality in a cohort of Scottish men," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(8), pages 1121-1130, October.
- S. V. Subramanian & Laura Kubzansky & Lisa Berkman & Martha Fay & Ichiro Kawachi, 2006. "Neighborhood Effects on the Self-Rated Health of Elders: Uncovering the Relative Importance of Structural and Service-Related Neighborhood Environments," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(3), pages S153-S160.
- Gavin Turrell & John W. Lynch & George A. Kaplan & Susan A. Everson & Eeva-Liisa Helkala & Jussi Kauhanen & Jukka T. Salonen, 2002. "Socioeconomic Position Across the Lifecourse and Cognitive Function in Late Middle Age," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 57(1), pages S43-S51.
- Zachary Zimmer & Toshiko Kaneda & Laura Spess, 2007. "An Examination of Urban Versus Rural Mortality in China Using Community and Individual Data," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(5), pages S349-S357.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:48:y:2011:i:1:p:153-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.