W. Arthur Lewis in Retrospect
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 34 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12114|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Bent, 1979. "Colonial Economic Development with Unlimited Supply of Land: A Ricardian Case," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 611-27, July.
- Becker, Charles M. & Morrison, Andrew R., 1999. "Urbanization in transforming economies," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 43, pages 1673-1790 Elsevier.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996.
"Is "learning-by-exporting" important? Micro-dynamic evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
96-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sofronis K. Clerides & Saul Lach & James R. Tybout, 1998. "Is Learning By Exporting Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence From Colombia, Mexico, And Morocco," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(3), pages 903-947, August.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996. "Is "Learning-by-Exporting" Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco," NBER Working Papers 5715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Figueroa, 2004. "W. Arthur Lewis Versus The Lewis Model: Agricultural Or Industrial Development?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(6), pages 736-750, December.
- Ronald Findlay, 1995. "Factor Proportions, Trade, and Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061759, June.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1998. "Exports of Manufactures by Developing Countries: Emerging Patterns of Trade and Location," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 54-73, Summer.
- Teitel, Simon & Colman Sercovich, Francisco, 1984. "Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(5-6), pages 645-660.
- Lewis, Arthur, 1979.
"The Slowing Down of the Engine of Growth,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1979-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. " On W. Arthur Lewis' Contributions to Economics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(11), pages 62-79.
- Darity, William Jr., 1982. "On the long-run outcome of the Lewis-Nurkse international growth process," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 271-278, June.
- Gary S. Fields, 2004. "Dualism In The Labor Market: A Perspective On The Lewis Model After Half A Century," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(6), pages 724-735, December.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & James Riedel, 1996. "Modelling NIE exports: Aggregation, quantitative restrictions and choice of econometric methodology," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 81-98.
- Marquez, Jaime & McNeilly, Caryl, 1988. "Income and Price Elasticities for Exports of Developing Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 306-14, May.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "Winners and Losers Over Two Centuries of Globalization," NBER Working Papers 9161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1966. "Peasants and Dualism with or without Surplus Labor," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 425.
- Dixit, Avinash K., 1969. "Marketable surplus and dual development," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 203-219, August.
- Temple, Jonathan, 1998. "Initial Conditions, Social Capital and Growth in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(3), pages 309-47, October.
- Colin Kirkpatrick & Armando Barrientos, 2004. "The Lewis Model After 50 Years," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(6), pages 679-690, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:blkpoe:v:34:y:2007:i:3:p:187-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.