Efficiency Measurement in Health Facilities: A Systematic Review in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matranga, Domenica & Sapienza, Francesca, 2015. "Congestion analysis to evaluate the efficiency and appropriateness of hospitals in Sicily," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 324-332.
- Lee, Kwang-soo & Chun, Ki-hong & Lee, Jung-soo, 2008. "Reforming the hospital service structure to improve efficiency: Urban hospital specialization," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 41-49, July.
- Mareike Heimeshoff & Jonas Schreyögg & Lukas Kwietniewski, 2014. "Cost and technical efficiency of physician practices: a stochastic frontier approach using panel data," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 150-161, June.
- Chowdhury, Hedayet & Zelenyuk, Valentin & Laporte, Audrey & Wodchis, Walter P., 2014. "Analysis of productivity, efficiency and technological changes in hospital services in Ontario: How does case-mix matter?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 74-82.
- Jacobs,Rowena & Smith,Peter C. & Street,Andrew, 2006. "Measuring Efficiency in Health Care," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521851442, October.
- Martine Audibert & Jacky Mathonnat & Aurore Pelissier & Xiao Xian Huang & Anning Ma, 2013. "Health insurance reform and efficiency of township hospitals in rural China: An analysis from survey data," Post-Print halshs-01230210, HAL.
- Pablo Arocena & Ariadna García‐Prado, 2007. "Accounting for quality in the measurement of hospital performance: evidence from Costa Rica," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 667-685, July.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 151-157, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Thesis Thursday: Firdaus Hafidz
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2019-01-17 07:00:26
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akkan, Can & Karadayi, Melis Almula & Ekinci, Yeliz & Ülengin, Füsun & Uray, Nimet & Karaosmanoğlu, Elif, 2020. "Efficiency analysis of emergency departments in metropolitan areas," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ferreira, D.C. & Marques, R.C., 2019. "Do quality and access to hospital services impact on their technical efficiency?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 218-236.
- Sebastian Kohl & Jan Schoenfelder & Andreas Fügener & Jens O. Brunner, 2019. "The use of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) in healthcare with a focus on hospitals," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 245-286, June.
- Giménez, Víctor & Prieto, William & Prior, Diego & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2019. "Evaluation of efficiency in Colombian hospitals: An analysis for the post-reform period," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 20-35.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Stanciole, Anderson & Jacobs, Rowena, 2009. "Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 771-780, July.
- Davutyan, Nurhan & Bilsel, Murat & Tarcan, Menderes, 2012. "Risk-Adjusted Mortality, varieties of congestion and patient satisfaction in Turkish provincial general hospitals," MPRA Paper 37437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Mancuso & Vivian Grace Valdmanis, 2016. "Care Appropriateness and Health Productivity Evolution: A Non-Parametric Analysis of the Italian Regional Health Systems," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 595-607, October.
- Chowdhury, Hedayet & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2016. "Performance of hospital services in Ontario: DEA with truncated regression approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 111-122.
- Murat Bilsel & Nurhan Davutyan, 2014. "Hospital efficiency with risk adjusted mortality as undesirable output: the Turkish case," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 221(1), pages 73-88, October.
- Davutyan, Nurhan & Bilsel, Murat & Tarcan, Menderes, 2015.
"Migration, Risk-Adjusted Mortality, Varieties of Congestion and Patient Satisfaction in Turkish Provincial General Hospitals,"
Data Envelopment Analysis Journal, now publishers, vol. 1(2), pages 135-169, July.
- Davutyan, Nurhan & Bilsel, Murat & Tarcan, Menderes, 2013. "Migration, Risk-Adjusted Mortality, Varieties of Congestion and Patient Satisfaction in Turkish Provincial General Hospitals," GIAM Working Papers 13-7, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
- Iablonskii, K. & Fedotov, Y., 2015. "Organizational performance measurement of healthcare organizations," Working Papers 6422, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Marianela Carrillo & Jesús M. Jorge, 2017. "DEA-Like Efficiency Ranking of Regional Health Systems in Spain," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 1133-1149, September.
- Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2018.
"Improving Finite Sample Approximation by Central Limit Theorems for DEA and FDH efficiency scores,"
LIDAM Discussion Papers ISBA
2018020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2020. "Improving Finite Sample Approximation by Central Limit Theorems for DEA and FDH efficiency scores," LIDAM Reprints ISBA 2020002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics and Actuarial Sciences (ISBA).
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Improving Finite Sample Approximation by Central Limit Theorems for DEA and FDH efficiency scores," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Helmut Herwartz & Christoph Strumann, 2014. "Hospital efficiency under prospective reimbursement schemes: an empirical assessment for the case of Germany," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Ferreira, D.C. & Marques, R.C. & Nunes, A.M., 2018. "Economies of scope in the health sector: The case of Portuguese hospitals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 266(2), pages 716-735.
- Diogo Cunha Ferreira & Alexandre Morais Nunes & Rui Cunha Marques, 2020. "Operational efficiency vs clinical safety, care appropriateness, timeliness, and access to health care," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 355-375, June.
- Cristiano Codagnone & Fabienne Abadie, 2010. "Strategic Intelligence Monitor on Personal Health Systems (SIMPHS): Structure of Available Data and New Measurement Framework with Selected Indicators," JRC Working Papers JRC62167, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Feng Li & Qingyuan Zhu & Jun Zhuang, 2018. "Analysis of fire protection efficiency in the United States: a two-stage DEA-based approach," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 40(1), pages 23-68, January.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2012. "DEA environmental assessment of coal fired power plants: Methodological comparison between radial and non-radial models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1854-1863.
- Mohammad Ataei & Soamayeh Naserian, 2015. "An Assessment Study on the Efficiency of Banks through Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). Case Study: A Bank Based in Tehran," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 5(4), pages 105-110, October.
- Bettina Campedelli & Andrea Guerrina & Giulia Romano & Chiara Leardini, 2014. "La performance della rete ospedaliera pubblica della regione Veneto. L’impatto delle variabili ambientali e operative sull’efficienza," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(92), pages 119-142.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aphecp:v:16:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s40258-018-0385-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.