The normalized revealed comparative advantage index
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alex Hoen & Jan Oosterhaven, 2006. "On the measurement of comparative advantage," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(3), pages 677-691, August.
- Elizabeth Mack & Tony H. Grubesic & Erin Kessler, 2007. "Indices of Industrial Diversity and Regional Economic Composition," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 474-509.
- Luca DE BENEDICTIS & Massimo TAMBERI, 2002. "A note on the Balassa Index of Revealed Comparative Advantage," Working Papers 158, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bent Dalum & Keld Laursen & Gert Villumsen, 1998. "Structural Change in OECD Export Specialisation Patterns: de-specialisation and 'stickiness'," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 423-443.
- Gordon F. Mulligan & Charles Schmidt, 2005. "A Note on Localization and Specialization," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 565-576.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:83-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ejn:ejefjr:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40953-017-0071-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Emily Christi A. CABEGIN, 2015. "The Challange of China and the Role Deepening ASEAN Integration for the Philippine Semiconductor Industry," Working Papers DP-2015-31, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Ufuk Gunes Bebek, 2011. "Monotonicity of additive indices of revealed comparative advantage," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1894-1901.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:185-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Veselin Hadjiev, 2014. "Current general comparative advantages in international trade," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 65-79.
- Lee, Jim, 2011. "Export specialization and economic growth around the world," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 45-63, March.
- Veselin Hadzhiev, 2014. "Overall Revealed Comparative Advantages," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(1), pages 47-53.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:2:p:275-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ufuk gunes Bebek, 2011. "Consistency of the proposed additive measures of revealed comparative advantage," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2491-2499.
- Umar Fachrudin & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2016. "Impact Analysis of Normalized Revealed Comparative Advantageon ASEAN’s Non-Oil and Gas Export Pattern Using Gravity-Model Approach," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201603, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised May 2016.
- French, Scott, 2017.
"Revealed comparative advantage: What is it good for?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 83-103.
- Scott French, 2014. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Scott French, 2017. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39B, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Andrey A. Gnidchenko & Vladimir A. Salnikov, 2015. "Net Comparative Advantage Index: Overcoming the Drawbacks of the Existing Indices," HSE Working papers WP BRP 119/EC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:ksa:szemle:1736 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaveri Deb & William R. Hauk, 2017. "RCA indices, multinational production and the Ricardian trade model," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Sarker, Rakhal & Ratnesena, Shashini, 2014. "Revealed Comparative Advantage and Half-A-Century Competitiveness of Canadian Agriculture: A Case Study of Wheat, Beef and Pork Sectors," Working Papers 165675, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Ufuk Gunes Bebek, 2011. "Robustness of the Proposed Measures of Revealed Comparative Advantage," Studies in Economics 1121, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Balogh, Jeremias & Ferto, Imre, 2015. "Drivers of Export Competitiveness in Wine Sector," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211197, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsF14; R12; C43;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:43:y:2009:i:1:p:267-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.