A multi-period ordering and clearance pricing model considering the competition between new and out-of-season products
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stratos Ioannidis & Oualid Jouini & Angelos A Economopoulos & Vassilis S Kouikoglou, 2012. "Control policies for single-stage production systemls with perishable inventory and customer impatience," Post-Print hal-00802145, HAL.
- Arvind Rajan & Richard Rakesh, 1992. "Dynamic Pricing and Ordering Decisions by a Monopolist," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 240-262, February.
- Emre Berk & Ülkü Gürler, 2008. "Analysis of the ( Q , r ) Inventory Model for Perishables with Positive Lead Times and Lost Sales," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(5), pages 1238-1246, October.
- Li, Yongjian & Chen, Jian & Cai, Xiaoqiang, 2007. "Heuristic genetic algorithm for capacitated production planning problems with batch processing and remanufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 301-317, February.
- Brant E. Fries, 1975. "Optimal Ordering Policy for a Perishable Commodity with Fixed Lifetime," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 46-61, February.
- S. Kalpakam & S. Shanthi, 2006. "A continuous review perishable system with renewal demands," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 211-225, March.
- Goyal, S. K. & Giri, B. C., 2001. "Recent trends in modeling of deteriorating inventory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 1-16, October.
- Purushottaman Nandakumar & Thomas E. Morton, 1993. "Near Myopic Heuristics for the Fixed-Life Perishability Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(12), pages 1490-1498, December.
- Steven Nahmias, 1975. "Optimal Ordering Policies for Perishable Inventory—II," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 735-749, August.
- Z. Lian & L. Liu, 1999. "A discrete‐time model for perishable inventory systems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 87(0), pages 103-116, April.
- Dellaert, N. & Jeunet, J. & Jonard, N., 2000. "A genetic algorithm to solve the general multi-level lot-sizing problem with time-varying costs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 241-257, December.
- P. L. Abad, 1996. "Optimal Pricing and Lot-Sizing Under Conditions of Perishability and Partial Backordering," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1093-1104, August.
- Stephen A. Smith & Dale D. Achabal, 1998. "Clearance Pricing and Inventory Policies for Retail Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(3), pages 285-300, March.
- Apostolos N. Burnetas & Craig E. Smith, 2000. "Adaptive Ordering and Pricing for Perishable Products," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 436-443, June.
- Yanzhi Li & Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues, 2009. "Note--Pricing and Inventory Control for a Perishable Product," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 538-542, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mahmoud Dehghan Nayeri & Amir-Nader Haghbin & Abdolkarim Mohammadi-Balani & Karim Bayat, 2020. "A multi-objective mean–variance mathematical programming approach to combined phase-out and clearance pricing strategy for seasonal products: case study of a Jeans retailer," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 210-217, June.
- Mou, Shandong & Robb, David J. & DeHoratius, Nicole, 2018. "Retail store operations: Literature review and research directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 399-422.
- Kannan Govindan, 2016. "Evolutionary algorithms for supply chain management," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 242(2), pages 195-206, July.
More about this item
KeywordsClearance pricing; Perishable product; Genetic algorithm; Dynamic program;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:242:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-013-1498-x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.