Technical Note—Approximation Algorithms for Perishable Inventory Systems with Setup Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cong Shi & Huanan Zhang & Xiuli Chao & Retsef Levi, 2014. "Approximation algorithms for capacitated stochastic inventory systems with setup costs," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 61(4), pages 304-319, June.
- Retsef Levi & Ganesh Janakiraman & Mahesh Nagarajan, 2008. "A 2-Approximation Algorithm for Stochastic Inventory Control Models with Lost Sales," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 351-374, May.
- Brant E. Fries, 1975. "Optimal Ordering Policy for a Perishable Commodity with Fixed Lifetime," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 46-61, February.
- Gregory P. Prastacos, 1984. "Blood Inventory Management: An Overview of Theory and Practice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(7), pages 777-800, July.
- Steven Nahmias, 1975. "Optimal Ordering Policies for Perishable Inventory—II," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 735-749, August.
- Z. Lian & L. Liu, 1999. "A discrete‐time model for perishable inventory systems," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 87(0), pages 103-116, April.
- Retsef Levi & Martin Pál & Robin O. Roundy & David B. Shmoys, 2007. "Approximation Algorithms for Stochastic Inventory Control Models," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 284-302, May.
- Guillermo Gallego & Özalp Özer, 2001. "Integrating Replenishment Decisions with Advance Demand Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(10), pages 1344-1360, October.
- Retsef Levi & Cong Shi, 2013. "Approximation Algorithms for the Stochastic Lot-Sizing Problem with Order Lead Times," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(3), pages 593-602, June.
- Steven Nahmias, 1976. "Myopic Approximations for the Perishable Inventory Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(9), pages 1002-1008, May.
- Zhaotong Lian & Liming Liu & Marcel F. Neuts, 2005. "A Discrete-Time Model for Common Lifetime Inventory Systems," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 718-732, August.
- Steven Nahmias, 1978. "The Fixed-Charge Perishable Inventory Problem," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 464-481, June.
- Steven Nahmias, 1977. "Higher-Order Approximations for the Perishable-Inventory Problem," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 630-640, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanukov, Gabi & Avinadav, Tal & Chernonog, Tatyana & Yechiali, Uri, 2019. "Performance improvement of a service system via stocking perishable preliminary services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 274(3), pages 1000-1011.
- Huanan Zhang & Cong Shi & Chao Qin & Cheng Hua, 2016. "Stochastic regret minimization for revenue management problems with nonstationary demands," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 63(6), pages 433-448, September.
- Ketzenberg, Michael & Gaukler, Gary & Salin, Victoria, 2018. "Expiration dates and order quantities for perishables," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 266(2), pages 569-584.
- Xiuli Chao & Xiting Gong & Cong Shi & Chaolin Yang & Huanan Zhang & Sean X. Zhou, 2018. "Approximation Algorithms for Capacitated Perishable Inventory Systems with Positive Lead Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(11), pages 5038-5061, November.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory; perishable products; setup costs; randomized algorithms; worst-case analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:64:y:2016:i:2:p:432-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.