Business Sector Productivity in Canada: What Do We Know?
Business sector productivity growth is central to Canadians' future prosperity. This article reviews the performance of the Canadian business sector in improving labour and multifactor productivity and examines possible factors underlying recent developments. The article links weak multifactor productivity growth in the Canadian business sector to the weak innovation performance of Canadian firms. The conclusion to this article describes a research program that Industry Canada, in conjunction with others, is carrying out. The research program seeks to identify the reasons for Canada's poor innovation and productivity performance, in order to shed light on actions that can be undertaken to improve productivity growth.
Volume (Year): 16 (2008)
Issue (Month): (Spring)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 151 Slater Street, Suite 710, Ottawa, ON K1P 5H3|
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.csls.ca Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takeshi Koyama & Stephen S. Golub, 2006. "OECD's FDI Regulatory Restrictiveness Index: Revision and Extension to more Economies," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2006/4, OECD Publishing.
- Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R., 2006. "Competition, Firm Turnover and Productivity Growth," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2006042e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- David T. Coe & Elhanan Helpman, 1993.
"International R&D Spillovers,"
NBER Working Papers
4444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiann-Chyuan Wang & Kuen-Hung Tsai, 2003. "Productivity Growth and R&D Expenditure in Taiwan's Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 9724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeshi Koyama & Stephen S. Golub, 2006. "OECD's FDI Regulatory Restrictiveness Index: Revision and Extension to more Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 525, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ipmsls:v:16:y:2008:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.