International Entrepreneurship In Agribusiness
This paper proposes an analytical framework for international entrepreneurship in fruit production companies. A multiple case study is developed with qualitative approach. Thirty managers and consultants participated in the research that used semi-structured interviews for data collection. Content analysis was adopted with the support of ATLAS.ti software. The presence of eight international entrepreneurship dimensions in this process is noted, most of these are present in the literature (attitude towards risk, ability to innovate, competitive resources development, opportunity, propensity to adapt, and relationship networks), while two emerged from the data (bold commercialisation and international entrepreneur). International entrepreneurship develops from a range of dimensions that have a continuous and intermittent nature.
Volume (Year): 25 (2016)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela|
Web page: http://www.usc.es/econo/RGE/benvidag.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Fernando Ribeiro Serra & JoÃ£o Carvalho Santos, 2007. "The international entrepreneurial firms' social networks," Working Papers 7, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- McDougall, Patricia P., 1989. "International versus domestic entrepreneurship: New venture strategic behavior and industry structure," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(6), pages 387-400, November.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 2009. "The Uppsala internationalization process model revisited: From liability of foreignness to liability of outsidership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(9), pages 1411-1431, December.
- Roger Schweizer & Jan-Erik Vahlne & Jan Johanson, 2010. "Internationalization as an entrepreneurial process," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 343-370, December.
- Hamid Etemad, 2004. "International Entrepreneurship as a Dynamic Adaptive System: Towards a Grounded Theory," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 2(1_2), pages 5-59, 03.
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2012. "International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 266-290.
- Catherine L. Welch & Lawrence S. Welch, 2004. "Broadening the Concept of International Entrepreneurship: Internationalisation, Networks and Politics," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 217-237, 09.
- John H Dunning, 1988. "The Eclectic Paradigm of International Production: A Restatement and Some Possible Extensions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- John Butler & Robert Doktor & Frederick Lins, 2010. "Linking international entrepreneurship to uncertainty, opportunity discovery, and cognition," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 121-134, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdo:regaec:v:25:y:2016:i:1_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Iglesias Casal)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.