Evaluating sensors for the measurement of public life: A future in image processing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Williams & Elizabeth Currid-Halkett, 2014. "Industry in Motion: Using Smart Phones to Explore the Spatial Network of the Garment Industry in New York City," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(2), pages 1-11, February.
- Vikas Mehta, 2014. "Evaluating Public Space," Journal of Urban Design, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 53-88, January.
- Ricardo Álvarez & Fábio Duarte & Alaa AlRadwan & Michelle Sit & Carlo Ratti, 2017. "Re-Imagining Streetlight Infrastructure as a Digital Urban Platform," Journal of Urban Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 51-64, April.
- Marta C. González & César A. Hidalgo & Albert-László Barabási, 2009. "Understanding individual human mobility patterns," Nature, Nature, vol. 458(7235), pages 238-238, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Su, Rongxiang & Xiao, Jingyi & McBride, Elizabeth C. & Goulias, Konstadinos G., 2021. "Understanding senior's daily mobility patterns in California using human mobility motifs," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Xingang Zhou & Anthony GO Yeh & Weifeng Li & Yang Yue, 2018. "A commuting spectrum analysis of the jobsâ€“housing balance and self-containment of employment with mobile phone location big data," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 45(3), pages 434-451, May.
- Cai, Hua & Zhan, Xiaowei & Zhu, Ji & Jia, Xiaoping & Chiu, Anthony S.F. & Xu, Ming, 2016. "Understanding taxi travel patterns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 590-597.
- Chen, Roger B., 2018. "Models of count with endogenous choices," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 117(PB), pages 862-875.
- Francis Rathinam & Sayak Khatua & Zeba Siddiqui & Manya Malik & Pallavi Duggal & Samantha Watson & Xavier Vollenweider, 2021. "Using big data for evaluating development outcomes: A systematic map," Campbell Systematic Reviews, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 17(3), September.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Giorgio Topa, 2010.
"Neighborhood Effects: Accomplishments And Looking Beyond Them,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 343-362, February.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Giorgio Topa, 2009. "Neighborhood Effects: Accomplishments and Looking Beyond Them," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0736, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Yeran Sun & Hongchao Fan & Ming Li & Alexander Zipf, 2016. "Identifying the city center using human travel flows generated from location-based social networking data," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 43(3), pages 480-498, May.
- Patrizia Casadei & Neil Lee, 2020. "Global cities, creative industries and their representation on social media: A micro-data analysis of Twitter data on the fashion industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 52(6), pages 1195-1220, September.
- Zhang, Xiaohu, 2021. "Beyond expected regularity of aggregate urban mobility: A case study of ridesourcing service," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Yan, Shiqing, 2017. "The evolution of human mobility based on the public goods game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 478(C), pages 69-76.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Maurizio Carpita, 2021. "A Spatio-Temporal Indicator for City Users Based on Mobile Phone Signals and Administrative Data," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 156(2), pages 761-781, August.
- Cai, Hua & Wang, Xi & Adriaens, Peter & Xu, Ming, 2019. "Environmental benefits of taxi ride sharing in Beijing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 503-508.
- Mariem Fekih & Tom Bellemans & Zbigniew Smoreda & Patrick Bonnel & Angelo Furno & Stéphane Galland, 2021. "A data-driven approach for origin–destination matrix construction from cellular network signalling data: a case study of Lyon region (France)," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1671-1702, August.
- Bao, Jie & Yang, Zhao & Zeng, Weili & Shi, Xiaomeng, 2021. "Exploring the spatial impacts of human activities on urban traffic crashes using multi-source big data," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Mi Diao & Yi Zhu & Joseph Ferreira Jr & Carlo Ratti, 2016. "Inferring individual daily activities from mobile phone traces: A Boston example," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 43(5), pages 920-940, September.
- Luca Maria Aiello & Daniele Quercia & Ke Zhou & Marios Constantinides & Sanja Šćepanović & Sagar Joglekar, 2021. "How epidemic psychology works on Twitter: evolution of responses to the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Xiaojiang Li & FÃ¡bio Duarte & Carlo Ratti, 2021. "Analyzing the obstruction effects of obstacles on light pollution caused by street lighting system in Cambridge, Massachusetts," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 48(2), pages 216-230, February.
- Zhanhong Cheng & Martin Trépanier & Lijun Sun, 2021. "Probabilistic model for destination inference and travel pattern mining from smart card data," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2035-2053, August.
- Bahman Ravaei & Keyvan Rahimizadeh & Abbas Dehghani, 2021. "Intelligent and hierarchical message delivery mechanism in vehicular delay tolerant networks," Telecommunication Systems: Modelling, Analysis, Design and Management, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 65-83, September.
- Carmen Rotuna, & Carmen Elena Cîrnu, & Dragos Smada, & Alexandru Gheorghi?ã, 2017. "Smart City Applications Built On Big Data Technologies And Secure Iot," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 6(3), pages 1-9, august.
More about this item
KeywordsDo-it-Yourself; image analytics; sensors; smart cities; urban design;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:envirb:v:46:y:2019:i:8:p:1534-1548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.