Estimating the Impacts of EDA Public Works Program Investments on County Employment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel J. Wilson, 2012. "Fiscal Spending Jobs Multipliers: Evidence from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 251-282, August.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Schwartz, 1995.
"Spatial productivity spillovers from public infrastructure: Evidence from state highways,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(3), pages 459-468, October.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Ellen Schwartz, 1995. "Spatial Productivity Spillovers from Public Infrastructure: Evidence from State Highways," NBER Working Papers 5004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tong, Tingting & Yu, Tun-Hsiang Edward & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Jensen, Kimberly & De La Torre Ugarte, Daniel, 2013. "Evaluating the spatial spillover effects of transportation infrastructure on agricultural output across the United States," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 47-55.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Moreno, Ramon & Trehan, Bharat, 1997. "Location and the Growth of Nations," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 399-418, December.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1990. "Why has productivity growth declined? Productivity and public investment," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 3-22.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 2004. "Public Infrastructure Investment, Interstate Spatial Spillovers, and Manufacturing Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 551-560, May.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Richard L. Barrows & Daniel W. Bromley, 1975. "Employment Impacts of the Economic Development Administration's Public Works Program," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(1), pages 46-54.
- Millo, Giovanni & Piras, Gianfranco, 2012. "splm: Spatial Panel Data Models in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 47(i01).
- Brad R. Watts & George A. Erickcek & Jacob Duritsky & Kevin O’Brien & Claudette Robey & Jim Robey, 2009. "What Should EDA Fund? Developing a Model for Pre-Assessment of Economic Development Investments," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 09-155, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. Paul Elhorst, 2014. "Matlab Software for Spatial Panels," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 37(3), pages 389-405, July.
- Andrew F. Haughwout, 1999. "New Estimates of the Impact of EDA Public Works Program Investments on County Labor Markets," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 13(4), pages 371-382, November.
- Pender, John & Reeder, Richard, 2011. "Impacts of Regional Approaches to Rural Development: Initial Evidence on the Delta Regional Authority," Economic Research Report 262240, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Martin, Randolph C & Graham, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "The Impact of Economic Development Administration Programs: Some Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 52-62, February.
- Amy Glasmeier & Lawrence Wood, 2005. "Policy Debates Analysis of US Economic Development Administration Expenditure Patterns over 30 Years," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1261-1274.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada C. & Barbero, Javier & Zofío, José L., 2016.
"A spatial autoregressive panel model to analyze road network spillovers on production,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 83-92.
- Álvarez, Inmaculada C. & Barbero, Javier & Zofío, José L., 2016. "A spatial autoregressive panel model to analyze road network spillovers on production," Efficiency Series Papers 2016/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Raffaello Bronzini & Paolo Piselli, 2006. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity: the role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 597, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Zhenhua Chen & Kingsley Haynes, 2015. "Multilevel assessment of public transportation infrastructure: a spatial econometric computable general equilibrium approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 663-685, May.
- Najkar, N. & Kohansal, M. R. & Ghorbani, M., 2018. "Estimating Spatial Effects of Transport Infrastructure on Agricultural Output of Iran," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 10(2).
- Konno, Akio & Kato, Hironori & Takeuchi, Wataru & Kiguchi, Riku, 2021. "Global evidence on productivity effects of road infrastructure incorporating spatial spillover effects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 167-182.
- Barabas, György & Kitlinski, Tobias & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Schmidt, Torsten & Siemers, Lars-H. & Brilon, Werner, 2010. "Verkehrsinfrastrukturinvestitionen: Wachstumsaspekte im Rahmen einer gestaltenden Finanzpolitik. Endbericht - Januar 2010. Forschungsprojekt im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums der Finanzen. Projektnumm," RWI Projektberichte, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, number 72601.
- Zhenhua Chen & Kingsley E. Haynes, 2015. "Public surface transportation and regional output: A spatial panel approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 727-751, November.
- Arbués, Pelayo & Baños, José F. & Mayor, Matías, 2015. "The spatial productivity of transportation infrastructure," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 166-177.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2013.
"On The Economic Effects Of Public Infrastructure Investment: A Survey Of The International Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 1-37, December.
- Alfredo Pereira & Jorge Andraz, 2012. "On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment: A survey of the international evidence," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2012_10, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2013. "On the economic effects of public infrastructure investment:A survey of the international evidence," Working Papers 108, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Antonio Alvarez & Carlos Arias & Luis Orea, 2006. "Econometric testing of spatial productivity spillovers from public capital," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 178(3), pages 9-21, September.
- Li, Jianling & Whitaker, Elizabeth, 2018. "The impact of governmental highway investments on local economic outcome in the post-highway era," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 410-420.
- Ozbay, Kaan & Ozmen-Ertekin, Dilruba & Berechman, Joseph, 2007. "Contribution of transportation investments to county output," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 317-329, July.
- Fageda, Xavier & Gonzalez-Aregall, Marta, 2017. "Do all transport modes impact on industrial employment? Empirical evidence from the Spanish regions," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 70-78.
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Ferrari, Claudio & Tei, Alessio, 2014. "Ports and regional development: A spatial analysis on a panel of European regions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 44-55.
- Tyler Morin & Mark Partridge, 2021. "The Impact of Small Regional Economic Development Commissions: Is There Any Bang After Just a Few Bucks?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 35(1), pages 22-39, February.
- Elburz, Zeynep & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric, 2017. "Public infrastructure and regional growth: Lessons from meta-analysis," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-8.
- Yu, Nannan & de Jong, Martin & Storm, Servaas & Mi, Jianing, 2013. "Spatial spillover effects of transport infrastructure: evidence from Chinese regions," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 56-66.
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Orea, Luis, 2004. "The Measurement of Spatial Productivity Spillovers from Public Capital," Efficiency Series Papers 2004/08, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Miguel Gómez-Antonio & Bernard Fingleton, 2012.
"Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(28), pages 3665-3677, October.
- GÃ³mez-Antonio, Miguel & Fingleton, Bernard, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-05, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bernard Fingleton & Miguel GÃ³mez-Antonio, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," Working Papers 1102, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Gomez-Antonio & Bernard Fingleton, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," Post-Print hal-00712377, HAL.
- Qi, Guanqiu & Shi, Wenming & Lin, Kun-Chin & Yuen, Kum Fai & Xiao, Yi, 2020. "Spatial spillover effects of logistics infrastructure on regional development: Evidence from China," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 96-114.
More about this item
KeywordsU.S. EDA; public works; spillover effects; spatial fixed effects;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:34:y:2020:i:3:p:283-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.