Effects of the free trade agreements on the development of the agriculture sector in the Balkan region
The signature of free trade agreements between the countries of the Balkan region has given these countries' economies more space and makes them much more competitive. These effects are sensitive mainly in the agricultural sector where the volume of trade exchanges in these last 3 years turns out to be significantly increased. On the other hand, the economic crisis has highlighted a number of problems which need to be considered for the agricultural market in the region. The experience of these years shows that for the agricultural sector in Balkan countries, there is a need for deep structural changes such as changing the size of the farm, the land market development and increased competitiveness. For this reason we should increase the level of public and private investments in the future.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (Decembre)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bucharest, 6th district, 47 Fabricii Street, Quadra Place, bl.J, fl.1, ap.12|
Web page: http://www.reaser.eu/pgsa/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patrick Messerlin & Sébastien Miroudot, 2004.
"Trade Liberalization in South East Europe: Review of Conformity of 23 FTAs with the MoU,"
- Sébastien Miroudot & Patrick Messerlin, 2004. "Trade Liberalization in South East Europe: Review of Conformity of 23 FTAs with the MoU," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8306, Sciences Po.
- Milica Uvalic, 2001. "Regional Cooperation in Southeastern Europe," One Europe or Several? Working Papers 17, One-Europe Programme.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8306 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward Christie, 2002.
"Potential Trade in Southeast Europe: a Gravity Model Approach,"
wiiw Working Papers
21, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Edward Christie, 2001. "Potential Trade in Southeast Europe: A Gravity Model Approach," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 11, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rse:wpaper:v:4:y:2012:i:2:p:108-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuela Epure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.