ANALYZING THE CONNEXIONS BETWEEN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCe: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH
The paper presents, in an integrated approach, the relationship between the levels of economic development and environmental compliance within a country, using the connexions between the Kuznets curve and the aggregate pollution abatement curve. In certain circumstances, we can assume that there is a breakeven point on the Kuznets curve corresponding to the optimal level of pollution abatement costs. Therefore, we present each component of environmental costs, as well as a set of strategic options for flattening the Kuznets curve, in order to ensure the harmonization between the economic interests and the environmental liabilities of a country, when developing an economic growth strategy.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://ccasp.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stern, David I., 2004.
"The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1419-1439, August.
- David I. Stern, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0302, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Kearsley, Aaron & Riddel, Mary, 2010. "A further inquiry into the Pollution Haven Hypothesis and the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 905-919, February.
- BRECHET, Thierry & JOUVET, Pierre-André, 2006. "Environmental innovation and the cost of pollution abatement," CORE Discussion Papers 2006040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Heerink, Nico & Mulatu, Abay & Bulte, Erwin, 2001. "Income inequality and the environment: aggregation bias in environmental Kuznets curves," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 359-367, September.
- Kelly, David L., 2003. "On environmental Kuznets curves arising from stock externalities," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1367-1390, June.
- Gawande, Kishore & Bohara, Alok K. & Berrens, Robert P. & Wang, Pingo, 2000. "Internal migration and the environmental Kuznets curve for US hazardous waste sites," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 151-166, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:mrpase:v:3:y:2011:i:4:p:15-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Colesca Sofia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.