Does Venture Capital Spur Economic Growth? Evidence from Israel
Venture capital cannot only promote technological innovation and the development of high-tech industries, but also makes contribution to economic growth. Having a good reputation as the "Silicon Valley in Middle East", Israel is one of the most successful countries in developing venture capital. It is worth studying the impact of Israeli venture capital on its economic growth. We take Israel as example to establish an economic growth model with venture capital, which is taken as an endogenous variable in this paper. The results show that venture capital plays a significant role in the country’s economic growth.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2004.
"Venture Capital Backed Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 239-261, 06.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-04, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 664, CESifo Group Munich.
- Keuschnigg. Christian, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 114, Royal Economic Society.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Avnimelech, Gil & Teubal, Morris, 2006. "Creating venture capital industries that co-evolve with high tech: Insights from an extended industry life cycle perspective of the Israeli experience," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1477-1498, December.
- Timmons, Jeffry A. & Bygrave, William D., 1986. "Venture capital's role in financing innovation for economic growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 161-176.
- Hellmann, Thomas F. & Puri, Manju, 2000.
"Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-up Firms: Empirical Evidence,"
1661, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Thomas Hellmann & Manju Puri, 2002. "Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-Up Firms: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 169-197, 02.
- Jeng, Leslie A. & Wells, Philippe C., 2000. "The determinants of venture capital funding: evidence across countries," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 241-289, September.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Tsangyao Chang & Yuan-Hong Ho & Chiung-Ju Huang, 2005. "A Reexamination Of South Korea¡¯S Aggregate Import Demand Function: The Bounds Test Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 119-128, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2013:i:2:p:115-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.