The Impact Of Financial Innovation On Banking Regulation. Evidence From The Global Financial Crisis
The development of financial innovations in a fast pace led to increased efficiency of the financial system, but raises some issues regarding the regulation and supervision of financial activity. The latest example is the global financial crisis, which has pointed out the negative role played by the financial innovations of credit risk transfer on the stability of the financial system. Starting from the above, the article herein is structured in the following sections: the first one reviews the decisive factors of the financial innovation, the second one highlights the role of the financial innovations in the global financial crisis and the final one refers to the impact of the financial innovations on the financial regulation and supervision.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: no. 13 Street Ion Ghica, Quarter 3, Bucharest, Cod postal: 030045, tel: (004021) 455.1000; 314.00.75; 314.00.76, fax: (004021) 314.39.08, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Phone: (004021) 455.1000
Fax: (004021) 314.39.08
Web page: http://anale-economie.spiruharet.ro/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vives, Xavier, 2010.
"Competition and stability in banking,"
IESE Research Papers
D/852, IESE Business School.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 12, pages 455-502 Central Bank of Chile.
- Xavier Vives T., 2010. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 85-112, August.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2009. "Integration and Efficiency in EU Banking Markets," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sphecs:0151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelian A BONDREA)or (Constantin Mecu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.