Analyzing the Poverty Impact of the Enhanced Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) Initiative in Bolivia
The purpose of this article is to analyse the impact of debt relief programs on poverty reduction in Bolivia by focusing on the enhanced HIPC initiative. As this initiative tries to reduce poverty in a decentralized way, I concentrate my analysis on the link between poverty reduction and the enhanced HIPC initiative resources at the municipal level. In order to do that, I study the specific impact of debt relief on the evolution of two poverty indicators (the schooling and achievement rates) over the 2001-2005 period. I conclude that the released resources under the enhanced HIPC initiative did not affect the evolution of these poverty indicators over the period.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (591-2) 784159
Fax: (591-2) 786707
Web page: http://www.iisec.ucb.edu.boEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lykke E. Andersen & José Luis Evia, 2003.
"The Effectiveness of Foreign Aid in Bolivia,"
Development Research Working Paper Series
01/2003, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Claessens, Stijn & Diwan, Ishac, 2002.
"Will HIPC Matter? The Debt Game and Donor Behaviour in Africa,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Birdsall, Nancy & Claessens, Stijn & Diwan, Ishac, 2002. "Will HIPC Matter? The Debt Game and Donor Behaviour in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 3297, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- BERLAGE, Lode & CASSIMON, Danny & DREZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, 2000.
"Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: a proposal,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2000032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- berlage, Lodewijk & cassimon, Danny & dreze, Jacques & Reding, Paul, 2003. "Prospective Aid and Indebtedness Relief: A Proposal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1635-1654, October.
- BERLAGE, Lode & CASSIMON, Danny & DRÈZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, 2000. "Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: A proposal," Working Papers 2000012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- BERLAGE, Lodewijk & CASSIMON, Danny & DRÈZE, Jacques & REDING, Paul, . "Prospective aid and indebtedness relief: a proposal," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1660, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:revlde:1403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tirza July Aguilar Salas)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.