Who Are The Tourists Sharing Content On Social Media? Behaviour And Characteristics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Burgess & Carmine Sellitto & Carmen Cox & Jeremy Buultjens, 2011. "Trust perceptions of online travel information by different content creators: Some social and legal implications," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Pedro R. Palos-Sanchez & José M. Hernandez-Mogollon & Ana M. Campon-Cerro, 2017. "The Behavioral Response to Location Based Services: An Examination of the Influence of Social and Environmental Benefits, and Privacy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-21, October.
- Xiang, Zheng & Gretzel, Ulrike, 2010. "Role of social media in online travel information search," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-188.
- Munar, Ana María & Jacobsen, Jens Kr. Steen, 2014. "Motivations for sharing tourism experiences through social media," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 46-54.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cherniece J. Plume & Emma L. Slade, 2018. "Sharing of Sponsored Advertisements on Social Media: A Uses and Gratifications Perspective," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 471-483, June.
- Sakshi, & Tandon, Urvashi & Ertz, Myriam & Bansal, Harbhajan, 2020. "Social vacation: Proposition of a model to understand tourists’ usage of social media for travel planning," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Femenia-Serra , Francisco & Neuhofer, Barbara, 2018. "Smart tourism experiences: conceptualisation, key dimensions and research agenda," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 42, pages 129-150.
- Tamara Curlin & Mirjana Pejic Bach & Ivan Miloloza, 2019. "Use of Twitter by National Tourism Organizations of European Countries," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 17(1-B), pages 226-241.
- Tribe, John & Mkono, Muchazondida, 2017. "Not such smart tourism? The concept of e-lienation," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 105-115.
- Christina Katsikari & Leonidas Hatzithomas & Thomas Fotiadis & Dimitrios Folinas, 2020. "Push and Pull Travel Motivation: Segmentation of the Greek Market for Social Media Marketing in Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-18, June.
- Mylona Ifigeneia & Amanatidis Dimitrios & Stavrianea Aikaterini & Kamenidou Irene (Eirini) & Mamalis Spyridon, 2021. "Promoting Tourists’ Destinations in Greece with Social Media: The Case of Kimolos Island," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(1), pages 347-361.
- Dongwook Kim & Sungbum Kim, 2017. "The Role of Mobile Technology in Tourism: Patents, Articles, News, and Mobile Tour App Reviews," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-45, November.
- Capatina, Alexandru & Micu, Adrian & Micu, Angela Eliza & Bouzaabia, Rym & Bouzaabia, Olfa, 2018. "Country-based comparison of accommodation brands in social media: An fsQCA approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 235-242.
- Mohammad Tipu Sultan & Farzana Sharmin & Alina Badulescu & Darie Gavrilut & Ke Xue, 2021. "Social Media-Based Content towards Image Formation: A New Approach to the Selection of Sustainable Destinations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-22, April.
- Yeajin Joo & Hwayoon Seok & Yoonjae Nam, 2020. "The Moderating Effect of Social Media Use on Sustainable Rural Tourism: A Theory of Planned Behavior Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-14, May.
- Pásková Martina & Zelenka Josef & Hruška Jan, 2018. "YouTube as an Airlines Marketing Tool," Czech Journal of Tourism, Sciendo, vol. 7(1), pages 45-69, June.
- Ćurlin, Tamara & Jaković, Božidar & Strugar, Ivan, 2018. "Analytics of Social Media: Perspective of Country Tourism Office," Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference (2018), Split, Croatia, in: Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference, Split, Croatia, 6-8 September 2018, pages 49-59, IRENET - Society for Advancing Innovation and Research in Economy, Zagreb.
- Luo, Qiuju & Zhong, Dixi, 2015. "Using social network analysis to explain communication characteristics of travel-related electronic word-of-mouth on social networking sites," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 274-282.
- Widmar, Nicole Olynk & Bir, Courtney & Clifford, McKenna & Slipchenko, Natalya, 2020. "Social media sentimentas an additional performance measure? Examples from iconic theme park destinations," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 56(C).
- Mohammed Jabreel & Assumpció Huertas & Antonio Moreno, 2018. "Semantic analysis and the evolution towards participative branding: Do locals communicate the same destination brand values as DMOs?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(11), pages 1-29, November.
- Balouchi Mina & Khanmohammadi Ehsan, 2015. "Using Logarithmic Fuzzy Preference Programming To Prioritization Social Media Utilization Based On Tourists’ Perspective," Foundations of Management, Sciendo, vol. 7(1), pages 7-18, June.
- Mariani, Marcello M. & Ek Styven, Maria & Nataraajan, Rajan, 2021. "Social comparison orientation and frequency: A study on international travel bloggers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 232-240.
- Egbert Van der Zee & Dario Bertocchi, 2018. "Finding patterns in urban tourist behaviour: a social network analysis approach based on TripAdvisor reviews," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 153-180, December.
- Claudia-Elena Țuclea & Diana-Maria Vrânceanu & Carmen-Eugenia Năstase, 2020. "The Role of Social Media in Health Safety Evaluation of a Tourism Destination throughout the Travel Planning Process," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-17, August.
More about this item
KeywordsInternet; Social Media; Social Networks; Review Websites; User-Generated Content; Tourist-Generated Content.;
All these keywords.
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Z33 - Other Special Topics - - Tourism Economics - - - Marketing and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:jspord:0973. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cialgpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Silvia Fernandes (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cialgpt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.